Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

check out the FTSE's biggest stock HSBC, with the greeks getting "fixed" the UK banks have been raying nicely.

think es around 13:29 was reacting to us data. and not enough juice to push ftse lower

low VIX is the biggest worry, but it may be low because everyone thinks we are entering the 3 strong months of the year and sniffing end to fiscal cliff

30 yr vol

S&P 500 :: SeasonalCharts.de

Just back in the office. I've been out for the last 2.5 hours. Looks like I missed the best move of the day, and possibly week. Sure looks like it was a deliberate attempt to grind it higher all the way up to the major swing high at 5906 ish and then let it fly down. I can't see anything but a move lower to test support at 5830 on monday. Unless there is some fiscalbabble from the yanks, shortly.

Got rid of the CAC short at almost breakeven half hour ago. First time saw it so resilient.
The Dow colapsed and the CAC barely moved.

Considering a long on Dow for the next hour.

Some numbers from November.
Markets heading south in the first half of the month, before a big turn around in the last 2 weeks. FTSE and DAX have very much outperformed the DOW in November.
Going into December some US floor traders are saying we have seen the high for the US. With the FTSE, ASX and DAX, not so sure if we have seen the high for the year.
Looking for a pull back in early December, before a strong finish into year end.
Have in previous year's seen the ASX surge 5% into the last 2 weeks of the calendar year.
The fiscal cliff will have some say in the outcome.
China PMI over the weekend the lead for Monday.
Big week of Aussie data rate call, GDP and unemployment and US NFP.
Have a good weekend.

Attachments

• Nov %.JPG
    Nov %.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Nov Numbers.JPG
    Nov Numbers.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 155
didn't stand back

got shafted. Got a good trade at 80s but didn't take it cuz friends showed up

trading dax next week =o

Oh, I traded after I said it didn't look too great, took a 3 point loss. When the futures hit 80s had an entry short but my friends showed up early for lunch (different time zone) so didn't take the trade

Gonna be trading the dax next week, see how I like it...seems more scalable than the ftse

Fill yer boots, jungy?

Attachments

• FTSE 100 .pngm.png
    FTSE 100 .pngm.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 159
  • FTSE 100 .pngw.png
    FTSE 100 .pngw.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 162
  • FTSE 100 .pngd.png
    FTSE 100 .pngd.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 179
Good Morning all..............

An improvement in my Trades is the order of this week..........:)

EURUSD strong, should support FTSE

5903 approx 61.8 fib on sp500 dec. 1419.2 this has acted as resistance past 2 trading days

872 lot order done at 5893 ftse futures (which are trading at same level as cash, )

Last edited:
morning barjon

Dollar index 79.968 mid, below 80.12 fib.

possible cup and saucer on gbpusd during past 25 days