Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

good idea...we can also look at doing a barjon

e.g. long DAX / FTSE short DOW in appropriate ratio....I hope barjon will come along and provide his view on relative weakness / strength from his perspective at the mo

i have upgraded my software, and once i learn how to use it i can graph spreads between dax/ftse cac/dow anything

it would be good to find one stock that would perform very well if a greek deal is reached and one stock that would perform very well if a deal was not reached and then to do a long short u would win either way, are there any stocks to fulfil this type of trade??

Forget any Greek stock for this.

good idea...we can also look at doing a barjon

e.g. long DAX / FTSE short DOW in appropriate ratio....I hope barjon will come along and provide his view on relative weakness / strength from his perspective at the mo

Here's something then

Attachments

• Here.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 156
afternoon barjon.

from the diagram it would appear to be very easy scalping the spread between those two indices, in reality how easy is it?

Well as you can see from the short intraday thing the main difficulty is in deciding when you've reached an extreme - and that can be pretty volatile. For a straight pair I start taking interest when difference gets to 30 and try and enter a pair when the next phase appears to start.

From a pure scalping proposition if your SB does a 1 point spread on both FTSE and DOW then you can virtually do it blind since the difference jumps about by 3 or 4 all the time. Bit too fast fingered for me though :)

Well as you can see from the short intraday thing the main difficulty is in deciding when you've reached an extreme - and that can be pretty volatile. For a straight pair I start taking interest when difference gets to 30 and try and enter a pair when the next phase appears to start.

From a pure scalping proposition if your SB does a 1 point spread on both FTSE and DOW then you can virtually do it blind since the difference jumps about by 3 or 4 all the time. Bit too fast fingered for me though :)

that is great. and because it is hedged you can go up in size,

Are not Capital Spreads one point on the Dow now......?? I can see they are 2 out of hours right now.
I have an unfunded account with them and have considered funding it to use with other two.

Last edited:
@jungerns intertrader are 1pt on dow during us trading hours

You'll like this.............!!

As I was being lazy previously and instead of Googling the query over CS and one point spread on the Dow (it is) so I put the question after to the search engine.....

Click on first link and by chance brings us back to Trade2win..........

Review of Capital Spreads and last entry states the following............

"It really is Simple....If you don't want to get ram-banged right up the dirty box, avoid bucket shops"

One guess who put that !!

You'll like this.............!!

As I was being lazy previously and instead of Googling the query over CS and one point spread on the Dow (it is) so I put the question after to the search engine.....

Click on first link and by chance brings us back to Trade2win..........

Review of Capital Spreads and last entry states the following............

"It really is Simple....If you don't want to get ram-banged right up the dirty box, avoid bucket shops"

One guess who put that !!

jungerns?

what exactly is a "bucket shop"

jungerns?

what exactly is a "bucket shop"

Not my words SD but bucket shops by definition normally are the "the low life" Companies that thrive on human life typical cheap and cheerful Travel Agencies etc but used in this case to describe the authors belief that all Spread Bet Companies are crooks and underhand...........

The Bottom end in terms of honesty of the Financial Trading Companies might be a better description

Not my words SD but bucket shops by definition normally are the "the low life" Companies that thrive on human life typical cheap and cheerful Travel Agencies etc but used in this case to describe the authors belief that all Spread Bet Companies are crooks and underhand...........

The Bottom end in terms of honesty of the Financial Trading Companies might be a better description

I stopped criticising spread bet companies, when I realised who was buying the banner advertising on trade2win.

the advertisers on trade2win are people of the highest probity integrity and honesty .

there used to be a very good company called prospreads they provided great service fast execution and no trickery. sadly one of the big spreadbet firms bought them out, and now they have fallen into line with the rest.

I have long advocated that traders should set up their own spread bet company like a cooperative, think how good it would be, any dispute would be settled equitably, we would be able to "see" where stops and limit orders were, all these existing firms would dissapear in one big "flash"

the biggest volume trades on FTSE futures yesterday occurred at 5740 approx 5742 on cash

Last edited:
Sorry, I was in a meeting.

What do you mean, I don't understand, in order to hedge it ?

many years ago a guy came on Bloomberg and pointed out that periphery were able to borrow at same rate as Germany, and he said this could not continue, so think they shorted a basket of periphery countries versus long Germany, I suspect they broke Greece to protect the US bond market?

Sorry, I was in a meeting.

What do you mean, I don't understand, in order to hedge it ?

many commentators are saying Greece will be out of the euro in xxx months, I do not agree, the debt plantation requires debt slaves, If Greece were to leave and prospered debt free and outside of the EU it would send the wrong message to the slaves still inside.

Imagine how great it would be if Greece left, their economy would boom, it has everything, they could have a 0.5% corporation tax, they would become like Hong Kong without the hurricanes.