Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

bj/bus ..i still think this market is weak ...more downside wouldn't surprise.... i have noticed the indices going out of sync recently...it's funny but for me the US has been the weaker for weeks on the longer time frames...still looks that way but we'll see what the week end analysis brings..cheers

Not particular good news out of Gaza this Saturday if you're a long player, in that 75,000 Israeli reservists have been called up overnight...............
Again Iran as well making menacing noises today about defending its Borders to the hilt........

Edited in - 180 Airstrikes were called in by forward Controllers overnight.......(as an ex army guy that is a LOT !! )

Last edited:
Not particular good news out of Gaza this Saturday if you're a long player, in that 75,000 Israeli reservists have been called up overnight...............
Again Iran as well making menacing noises today about defending its Borders to the hilt........

Edited in - 180 Airstrikes were called in by forward Controllers overnight.......(as an ex army guy that is a LOT !! )

Good news story.:)

BBC Sport - Norwich v Manchester United

bj/bus ..i still think this market is weak ...more downside wouldn't surprise.... i have noticed the indices going out of sync recently...it's funny but for me the US has been the weaker for weeks on the longer time frames...still looks that way but we'll see what the week end analysis brings..cheers

Bj/bus, dow showing a bit of strength now at least in the short term so catch up monday could be on:)

I still think the ftse has confirmed a new bear phase/trend with the break of 5780 but maybe we'll get a move back up to test it or even break it for the santa rally:idea:

of course as jungerns has been pointing out the gaza thing aint helping:(

mr bear has woke up but he's not sure how many bulls are gathering

Attachments

• bear.jpeg
    bear.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 122
Bj/bus, dow showing a bit of strength now at least in the short term so catch up monday could be on:)

I still think the ftse has confirmed a new bear phase/trend with the break of 5780 but maybe we'll get a move back up to test it or even break it for the santa rally:idea:

of course as jungerns has been pointing out the gaza thing aint helping:(

mr bear has woke up but he's not sure how many bulls are gathering

dl,

since ftse 18 Oct high it has dropped 5.43% to low point compared to dow 8.76%

in the last two weeks ftse - 5.25% compared to dow - 6.39%

seems to me that sell off has been initiated by US and ftse reluctant to follow (although it must). Should there be a bounce it'll again be led by US and ftse will breathe a sigh of relief and pat itself on the back for its reluctance. Thus I don't think it will rise as fast as dow and if you are long minded then it may be better to do it on the dow.

Alternatively, if this is just a temporary pause and dow continues on its southward course then ftse might begin to believe that it was a bit over optimistic in its reluctance and pick up pace to match the fall. In that case if you are short minded it might be better to do it on ftse.

Sunday musings :)

Morning All
BHP +0.76%
RIO -0.33%
Asian markets up, China flat.
Risk on Monday, following the strong US close on Friday.

Morning All
BHP +0.76%
RIO -0.33%
Asian markets up, China flat.
Risk on Monday, following the strong US close on Friday.

hi bustech

US10yr +1.6% bouncing from 4mth 61.8 fib

money leavin safety, dow fri low 12,671 is a big fib level for dow.

hi bustech

US10yr +1.6% bouncing from 4mth 61.8 fib

money leavin safety, dow fri low 12,671 is a big fib level for dow.

Morning SD

DOW furtures up 60(0.50%) at the moment
In the last 3 months most Mondays in the US have been flat.
US holiday on Thursday and half day on Friday.
Global markets may have found a base last week.

just noticed the vix in the 10% area on the one min...it seems to turn in that area might flatten things..:confused:

Attachments

• vix1.jpg
    vix1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 138
Morning SD

DOW furtures up 60(0.50%) at the moment
In the last 3 months most Mondays in the US have been flat.
US holiday on Thursday and half day on Friday.
Global markets may have found a base last week.

very short week in US , if u have holiday on thursday will u come back to work half day friday?

SP500 dec trigger 1366.5 (5705)

we hit the SP500 trigger on friday before US opened, then the US plunged and then closed positive, this means the plunge was fake,

todays pivots are 5655/5651

And Winner of Post 18,000 will go to who.......................:D

SD in Pole Position with Zorbas and Samirs likely to go for the Jugular at the final push......:p

Just closed the remaining of my OIl position for a good profit.

I'll try to reenter on any retracement