Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Another reason for ASX and China sell off today, cheaper USA labour.

BHP-may-export-US-gas-to-Asia

US labour now cheaper than a lot of Asian countries.

How does UK labour cost compare to USA?

Last edited:
Hi all.... thought I would pop in and say hi !!! doing a good job of managing the thread I see SD.

Enjoying Wallstreetcourier.com ... good bit about contrarian play:

Contrarian Indicators
heading_blank2
Measure the overall bullish or bearish attitude

Contrarian market indicators attempt to measure the overall bullish or bearish attitude towards the market among traders and investors (market sentiment) or they track the investing behavior of Smart Money and Dumb Money. Those indicators do lead or confirm price actions.

According to accepted valuation theory, stock prices reflect collective investor expectations of future developments and risk. But in reality, most investors spend much time trying to understand a stock's current fundamentals and too little time gauging the expectations embedded in its price.

A contrarian investor or the behavioral finance followers believe that when everybody is fully invested there will be no further purchasing power. At this point, the market is at a peak. On the other hand, when people predict a downturn, they have already sold out, at which point the market can only go up. Normally when the market hits a new low, Smart Money will buy and Dumb Money will sell. Therefore following the behavior of Smart- and Dumb Money will give additional edge of information about the general market condition.

Examples of Different Contrarian Indicators Offered by WallStreetCourier

Bull & Bear AII – Sentiment Indicator
Global Futures Dumb Money Index – Dumb Money Indicator
Smart Money Flow Index – Smart Money Indicator
Daily Put/Call Ratio All CBOE Options – Option Indicator

Attachments

• wsc cont.PNG
    wsc cont.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 129
Hi all.... thought I would pop in and say hi !!! doing a good job of managing the thread I see SD.

thanks DaddyJohn its a group effort.

Looks a sweet trade there..........(y)

thanks I used confirmation from EURUSD and US10yr, SP500 december.

but I got stopped out, think the stop was too close, I used tight stop since I thought it would "snap" higher because of heavy shorting.

morning htw that looks like some heavy duty analysis.

morning barjon

Hi DJ...true...or as SD would put it the thread is going well despite samirs' best effort :LOL:

But on a serious note you are being missed. Would be great if you can start posting again. I said that I think couple of week ago.

Many thanks Samir... I may post more now.. I tend to do more swing trades now and cover a number of different markets...

My view is that equities are at a key decision point now... we had a strong time cycle expire just as S&P hit it's highs... DOW is currently at major support and I am looking for a rally up from here.. though doubt we would take out the highs... but this push up might allow the DAX to put in 7676.. which I think is its target .. this could also push up FTSE .. but I really dont study the ftse anymore.

We have major time cycles expiring mid-end of December... but wont say right now if this means a high or low at that date.. because I dont know :)

Hello All,
Missed some interesting discussions and news about Greece
Indeed the situation is like walking on a knife's edge. Not a surprise that any news can move the markets wildly. Currently the ASE (Athens Stock Exchange) did a U turn based on the news out of Germany.