Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Thanks SD great tool box

i posted a video on here yesterday about the meaning of VIX. it gave me an idea about a trading system using realized volatility, looking at todays VIX and calculating the boundary of closes over the next 5 days, i got it to 88% accuracy.

take todays VIX lets say its 15.12 dividing it by 7.2111 (square root of 52, to get to weekly vol) it gives u 2.09% , this tells u that the weekly CLOSING range will be pretty close to this should contain 88% of the closing prices. still tweaking it , not sure all my assumptions and calculations are correct though

Hi All,
Initiated a short position on US30, although I feel it is bullish out there...

i posted a video on here yesterday about the meaning of VIX. it gave me an idea about a trading system using realized volatility, looking at todays VIX and calculating the boundary of closes over the next 5 days, i got it to 88% accuracy.

take todays VIX lets say its 15.12 dividing it by 7.2111 (square root of 52, to get to weekly vol) it gives u 2.09% , this tells u that the weekly CLOSING range will be pretty close to this should contain 88% of the closing prices. still tweaking it , not sure all my assumptions and calculations are correct though

V. Interesting keep me in the loop will you?

they were valued member of this thread and I hope I can speak for everyone on this thread it is a very sad day . lets hope where ever tuk and nancy have sent them they will be happy as they made us on this thread.

There's probably some poor Guest doing a review of the Forum and this thread reporting back that Trade2Win have some obsession with Persons of the third Gender.........:eek:

Thanks SD. Very nice resources the links you've provided, also the topdog video insightful.

Im not in barbados but I am in sunny place =)

Looking through yall are using wider stops than me, couldn't get away with SB when you want 3-4 points a trade.

You can do it, but need some patience with it.
And need to pass a lot of trades that you miss the timing by 1 or 2 points.
Its hard work and the concentration need to be 100%.
I can only do this for upto 3 hours then the mind starts to wander.

Morning All
BHP +0.80%
RIO +1.70%
Asian markets up
ASX @2012 highs, rate cut forcing bank savers into the share market.
20 to go in Sydney.

morning bustech. asia looks strong

SP500 for fri is 88% bullish, FTSE strangely is neutral, should underperform US indices

6:58am