Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Thats looks Sweet.......
Am personally more wary of Dax that Ftse/Cac but thats looks good to me.........Only my opinion but dont get stopped out with a narrow one. Let it ride.....

Thanks, I've started with a small position, Intend to start building short positions on all four of them, including the Dow.

Thats looks Sweet.......
Am personally more wary of Dax that Ftse/Cac but thats looks good to me.........Only my opinion but dont get stopped out with a narrow one. Let it ride.....

Jungerns, may I ask why you are more wary of the Dax ?

Great call jungerns. It does look like a decent top now. We've not had a decent backtest of bullish trendline (15 min) yet, and I thought it would get closer to 5918, so I would not rule out another move up, but all of my other analysis is bearish.

from what I can see from the S&P, I see a potential final flag in this move...but, going into the close is always difficult for me to call. If they sell off, then there will be some happy people in this forum :)

Jungerns, may I ask why you are more wary of the Dax ?

Am always wary of exaggerated moves on the Dax which fly in the face of what I think it should be doing.........!!
It always makes me slightly "nervous" no matter what direction....

@et

Ftse Dax and Cac seem to have topped(ish) for the session.....
Famous last...........

Am always wary of exaggerated moves on the Dax which fly in the face of what I think it should be doing.........!!
It always makes me slightly "nervous" no matter what direction....

@et

Ftse Dax and Cac seem to have topped(ish) for the session.....
Famous last...........

I agree, the Dax behaviour could be parallelized with a drunk or cyclothimic person :cheesy:
However bigger risk comes with bigger rewards if one gets it right.

number1.gif

With that post this thread became #1 thread in terms of total number of posts

and we have new winner for the Soloquan Trophy

this is great. :clap:

possibly Dick Lexic. I think the main resistance is at c6221 (give or take 30 points), and probably some others on the way. first though I'm worried about this spike down to 61% or below that is a more aggressive retest of the 4hr bear channel. maybe that is just being paranoid about spikes though.

Edit: I disagree with your wave count. I made a mistake earlier in the thread referring to this as wave 3 because the first wave did not retrace 61%

There is now an IHS on the 5 min and below chart. I'm not predicting the trend. It if is real it would represent c15 point move back to 5895.

Although I've been bearish I'm now open to this bullish move.

Edit: I can't add up.

Edit I: now it doesn't look like the IHS it did.

number1.gif

With that post this thread became #1 thread in terms of total number of posts

and we have new winner for the Soloquan Trophy

Top 3 Threads

Winners of the Soloquan Trophy

Post 1000 - Dick Lexic
Post 2000 - MartinC-J
Post 3000 - reksa
Post 4000 - Splitlink
Post 5000 - barjon
Post 6000 - barjon
Post 7000 - Dick Lexic
Post 8000 - Splitlink
Post 9000 - SuddenDeath
Post 10000 - Soloquan
Post 11000 - Dick Lexic
Post 12000 - SuddenDeath
Post 13000 - barjon
Post 14000 - barjon
Post 14443 - et.

Closed both shorts on FTSE and Dax for a small gain.
Probably markets will open on the upside tomorrow.
Have a goodnight.

Good night SD :)

Tomorrow, if my bear spike prediction comes true it would have to occur about 5pm. If it drops before then the spike would have to re-enter the 4hr bearish channel line. This is probably just fanciful thinking though, as I've virtually nil sample size to work on, this is most definitely speculation.