Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hong Kong cant go any higher(DR3) into the close(15 min)
FTSE will have to wait for HK close if its going higher.

ftse currently 5888 = implies Dow +42.5

with low VIX daily action gonna be sluggish , unless then can push the VIX above 14.71

Resistance signal for 5874.

This is not a trend prediction and it could go a bit over if it does get there. Also if it gets there it probably is not a reverse for a new high.

Edit: also, it might plough right on through.

Last edited:
Will post this in this thread.......
Have received text from my tame trader in NZ who has said Short Gold from 1786 should it reach it.....

Please note that I am NOT trading it myself under any circumstances but these boys are Good !!

Last trade re Cable they offered was Big Pips........Am not Posting this elsewhere on this Forum as the usual cynical 5-6 will launch another attack over something !!

This is not a trend prediction and it could go a bit over if it does get there. Also if it gets there it probably is not a reverse for a new high.

I've noticed another possible wrinkle in my method, which might mean the resistance is actually c5869, or even lower. It must sound very confusing. I am confused. Still trying to work it out.

I predicted 5894 as the high from the last bull run but wasn't brave enough to post it. So if you are wondering why I'm persisting while I keep getting it wrong, it does work often enough to keep me interested.

Since I'm bearish overall and would expect this to be a c10 point pullback I'll certainly not be trading this, and would not trade this strategy without other indications.

I think that you are right. Lots of buying happening around here.

Morning everyone!

ftse putting the brakes on with a bit of a heavier foot than dow - 10:00am turn?

I think that you are right. Lots of buying happening around here.

Morning everyone!

It bounced on 5874 up to 5879 3 times.

Resistance signal turned out to be for a bearish flag that only went 5 points. I consider that a successful prediction though, because overall I'm bearish. I'm guessing we will now have another area of resistance at 5855 - if we get there.

Blasted through 5869 to 5865, and now 5873. Looks to be providing resistance and going higher.

It seems increasing clear to me the method I have predicts S/R levels but doesn't say whether they are short pullbacks or a trend. the 5933 worked because it's at such a high timeframe a short pullback will have a lot of points.

It bounced on 5874 up to 5879 3 times.

Resistance signal turned out to be for a bearish flag that only went 5 points. I consider that a successful prediction though, because overall I'm bearish. I'm guessing we will now have another area of resistance at 5855 - if we get there.

Blasted through 5869 to 5865, and now 5871.

It seems increasing clear to me the method I have predicts S/R levels but doesn't say whether they are short pullbacks or a trend. the 5933 worked because it's at such a high timeframe a short pullback will have a lot of points.

Not sure after that last spike - maybe a 2 legged pullback?

Not sure after that last spike - maybe a 2 legged pullback?

I don't know. Unless I change my strategy AGAIN I'm going to be more circumspect about trend predictions from now on. I've now realised I'm not predicting the trend at all with my main strategy.

If it meanders around this level for the next few hours I may be bullish again, but in the shorter term I'd be looking for bearish signals, with the next level of resistance below c5855.

5869 worked very well as an area of resistance, although it did swing -4 below. 5874 was spot on, and +5. This is + 10 so far.

I posted this yesterday.

11qs6z7.png

Could be looking good. 5855 is a bit far below where I guessed it might go, but who knows what will happen.
1z3o5kh.png

There is now an IHS on the 5 min and below chart. I'm not predicting the trend. It if is real it would represent c15 point move back to 5895.

Although I've been bearish I'm now open to this bullish move.

Edit: I can't add up.

Edit I: now it doesn't look like the IHS it did.

Last edited: