Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

ftse opened +27 strong vs dow and is now +32 - that'll do for me

Morning Barjon

Went with ASX short /FTSE long over the weekend, worked out okay.
Needed to adjust the ratio instead of using 1 to 1 on this trade.
DOW short/FTSE long would have been the better option using the 1 to 2.25 ratio.
Only 2nd time I have done a trade like that.
How do work out the best time to close the trades?

Morning Barjon

Went with ASX short /FTSE long over the weekend, worked out okay.
Needed to adjust the ratio instead of using 1 to 1 on this trade.
DOW short/FTSE long would have been the better option using the 1 to 2.25 ratio.
Only 2nd time I have done a trade like that.
How do work out the best time to close the trades?

Either take a targeted amount (I had 35 in mind which was half the extreme) or if it's a strong move hold until the difference goes against you by 5 (say)

Either take a targeted amount (I had 35 in mind which was half the extreme) or if it's a strong move hold until the difference goes against you by 5 (say)

in the ftse/dow case the latter would have taken you out about now. Given that the rise seems to have stalled the plan would be to exit the ftse long first and hold on to the short dow as a directional trade UNLESS it promptly goes against you by a point or so. If you've done well on the pair trade you can give the remaining position a bit more chance if you want.

in the ftse/dow case the latter would have taken you out about now. Given that the rise seems to have stalled the plan would be to exit the ftse long first and hold on to the short dow as a directional trade UNLESS it promptly goes against you by a point or so. If you've done well on the pair trade you can give the remaining position a bit more chance if you want.

Thanks.
Very powerful trading technique.