Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I dont think the FTSE will gap lower, just checking a market open on Sunday, and its ratio is saying FTSE100 at 5705 against 5711, Friday cash close.

FWIW I'm inclined to agree........

There will a fairly muted overnight session and bearing in mind Labor day in the States than come the 0800 opening, the FTSE will follow the Dax marginally higher and at around 08.15 ish we will see the FTSE Cac and Dax decline.......

Only my opinion so dont put Grannys Silver on it but if the overnight session does what I predict than I will be shorting thereafter......(y)

one thing's for sure - ftse went dreadfully weak vs dow Friday afternoon into the close. It finished up over 70 down from where it would have been had it followed dow from 13:00pm Friday.

Pity it's Labour Day in US because the trade is either a pair trade long ftse/short dow, or with straight directional plays it'd be better with longs on ftse or shorts on dow depending on whether you want to be playing long or short.

one thing's for sure - ftse went dreadfully weak vs dow Friday afternoon into the close. It finished up over 70 down from where it would have been had it followed dow from 13:00pm Friday.

Pity it's Labour Day in US because the trade is either a pair trade long ftse/short dow, or with straight directional plays it'd be better with longs on ftse or shorts on dow depending on whether you want to be playing long or short.

I have a sense that Dow comes out strong after these 3 day weekends

I dont think the FTSE will gap lower, just checking a market open on Sunday, and its ratio is saying FTSE100 at 5705 against 5711, Friday cash close.

AUD/USD forecast to open 50 pips (0.50%) lower in 5 mins.
On that price could see the FTSE open below 5700 in 2 hours.
If Asia plays to the weakness I expect, should look for a cash open around 5680 to 5690

Edit just opened 40 pips down(0.40%) AUD/USD

Last edited:
Morning All
BHP -1.30%
RIO +1.20%
Asian markets all up, strange day.
Big falls at the open in Asia, key support levels in ASX, Japan and Hong Kong all taken out.
Then big turnaround about 1030am, to 11am not sure why.
FTSE furtures went down to 5670 at the Asia open, now about 5706.
60 to go.

ADD. Charts

Attachments

• Australia 200 (-).png
    Australia 200 (-).png
    12.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Hong Kong HS42 (-).png
    Hong Kong HS42 (-).png
    14.4 KB · Views: 102
  • FTSE 100.png
    FTSE 100.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Indices currently moving exactly as I expected re last nights post......
Watch the Dax and Ftse after 8.15 fall away........
CAC shorted as of now.....

Only my opinion....