Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

i was long EURUSD from 1.25285 but only took 38pips made stupid mistake of keeping trailing stop too tight out at 1.25665

This parabolic move is crashing back down again from 5758, my failed signal from yesterday. Probably c5737. What about a continuation after that up to 5789 - my other fake signal from earlier this week! Would be cool if it happened, though unhelpful as far as using that method as a strategy goes.

This parabolic move is crashing back down again from 5758, my failed signal from yesterday. Probably c5737. What about a continuation after that up to 5789 - my other fake signal from earlier this week! Would be cool if it happened, though unhelpful as far as using that method as a strategy goes.

morning et

what is a "fake signal" ? same as failed signal?

ok, i hope u dont have many of them

Wondering whether the method is better in a range and bad in trends. :LOL:

I've developed a new strategy anyway, after some guy came in here and asked how to draw Fibonacci. I just said look for the lines to align with an S/R level. It was pretty good advice. Not the whole story but it's got me in on this move (on paper...), which better be one now I've said it.

Edit: it's not completely new as I'm using the old one to help confirm a target direction.

Last edited:
Wondering whether the method is better in a range and bad in trends. :LOL:

I've developed a new strategy anyway, after some guy came in here and asked how to draw Fibonacci. I just said look for the lines to align with an S/R level. It was pretty good advice. Not the whole story but it's got me in on this move (on paper...), which better be one now I've said it.

Edit: it's not completely new as I'm using the old one to help confirm a target direction.

there used to be a very good system on trade2win think it was called RSI-5

in thread trading systems/free systems

there used to be a very good system on trade2win think it was called RSI-5

in thread trading systems/free systems

Thanks.

I've tried my own version of RSI-5. I liked the top scenario where it goes c90 and then out, and then in-and-out of the 70 horizontal on a candle signal. This is just happened 1 min chart. Decided against indicators though. Price only.

Last prediction faked from my own get in price. think it's still going c5737 but I'm going to look for a pullback within a bearish trend before getting 'in' again.

Wow - that is quite impressive. I wish I had the discipline to be that patient for so long. I would imagine that it comes with experience, no?

it was a tip I gave to someone on this thread, i went long dow and long EURUSD

Its not about discipline just about logic, since we know how large the daily range is we know approx where the exit will be

Wow - that is quite impressive. I wish I had the discipline to be that patient for so long. I would imagine that it comes with experience, no?

No! :D I thought that I was experienced and have been looking to short, this morning! Who was it that said that this market had to go down?

I went to 2H TF, because I thought that I was overtrading on a lower TF, but it is very difficult when one is used to cutting losses quickly. I, simply, have to get out--I cannot let them run, I get twitchy, and 2H bars are not for me, I'm afraid.

Congrats, though, SD, I wish I was with you. :(

Last edited:
fantastic trade...you have good discipline too

I am small player and compared to you a beginner

you have been playing this game for years....you must be multi millionnaire

not millionaire far from it, not big player,

we are all on a learning curve

samirs I have done 80% of my posts on this thread

previously i think I was doing less than 2 posts per week

I don't understand what is happening. :rolleyes:

Please don't tell me you are going to 5789. I'm going to assume the direction is bullish for this pullback. 'Entry' c5752 if possible.

Edit: great prediction Dick Lexic

Edit: Me, I'm getting everything wrong today. I didn't get 'in' on the above call though, because I didn't want to reverse the breakout gaps in the pullback. I had yet to observe these when I made the call.

Last edited: