Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm 'in' bearish at 5763. Might have to have numerous bites at this.

Edit: because I'm in at a lower price than I would like I'm not cutting this at +1 but will if it approaches 0.

Edit I: It broke and returned to 0, so I 'cut it'. +0. Then I immediately thought I shouldn't have done that (because of possible rejection at gap), so I've reentered at 5762.8 (63.8 with 1pt spread).

Last edited:
I've reentered bullish at 5770 expecting to exit at 5778, and probably short too, or somewhere close above 5778.

This is risky as I'm still predicting down and 5 min chart is painting a nice HS formation. however, should be a spike. Should...

Edit: Grrr... would I have done that will real money? not broken stop yet but it looks wrong decision. Stop broken.

- 11 today. And I got in at the right time on the bullish run, predicted the most significant pullback at 5774, and that the price would reverse 5778 (did so 5776.8). I'm over thinking my timing.

et what time frame do u use for your entries?

Attachments

• imagesCAPBMCAR.jpg
    imagesCAPBMCAR.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 196
Well, I've been very aggressive this morning. What to know the results? I'm black and blue!

The surprising part is that I have not dented, too much, my account. A lot of wasted time, perhaps, but I am not in a bad situation, all of which is due a refusal to lose too much on my trades and not let anything in profit turn into a loss. Just like the man says.

The unfortunate thing about this guerrilla war is that the moment you relax, or knock off for a nap, or lunch, the winner has a tendency to appear and get away, leaving behind a sense of frustration.

Well, I've been very aggressive this morning. What to know the results? I'm black and blue!

The surprising part is that I have not dented, too much, my account. A lot of wasted time, perhaps, but I am not in a bad situation, all of which is due a refusal to lose too much on my trades and not let anything in profit turn into a loss. Just like the man says.

The unfortunate thing about this guerrilla war is that the moment you relax, or knock off for a nap, or lunch, the winner has a tendency to appear and get away, leaving behind a sense of frustration.

from 10am to around 1pm ftse seems to tread water waiting for the US, it can hold a 10pt range for those 3 hours

et what time frame do u use for your entries?

Depends. Usually 1 minute if it is within what I think is a trend. Higher timeframes for the major swings/reversals.

Haven't quite worked out a timing system for my higher timeframe predictions. I know 5 min is popular timeframe.

from 10am to around 1pm ftse seems to tread water waiting for the US, it can hold a 10pt range for those 3 hours

You can't depend on that, though. I have had some very good moves during those hours.

The upshot is that it is great fun but I would not like to earn a living doing this.

Depends. Usually 1 minute if it is within what I think is a trend. Higher timeframes for the major swings/reversals.

Haven't quite worked out a timing system for my higher timeframe predictions. I know 5 min is popular timeframe.

what do u use as an entry signal?

I'm out of the 'trade' at 5756 as that is the extent of the HS. +7. However, I still am bearish. We could get a pullback now. Edit: pullback was short one.

what do u use as an entry signal?

This last time, no entry signal because I'd missed it. However, I hadn't missed the breakout, so I was guessing it would come before a pullback.

I have a number of competing ideas for entry

1. Price breaks 15 EMA and moves in line with a recent chop area
2. Gap (laid in direction of your expected trend) which is inline with or just below chop area
3. Fibonacci plot drawn from the high to breakout low (or vice versa). Enter c. 61%.

I'm out of the 'trade' at 5756 as that is the extent of the HS. +7. However, I still am bearish. We could get a pullback now. Edit: pullback was short one.

This last time, no entry signal because I'd missed it. However, I hadn't missed the breakout, so I was guessing it would come before a pullback.

I have a number of competing ideas for entry

1. Price breaks 15 EMA and moves in line with a recent chop area
2. Gap (laid in direction of your expected trend) which is inline with or just below chop area
3. Fibonacci plot drawn from the high to breakout low (or vice versa). Enter c. 61%.

ok thanks, good luck

ok thanks, good luck

I think they are all good ideas so you are welcome to try them out. Information overload is a problem though especially when there is a contradiction, you don't know which of them to go with.

You can also use these ideas on high timeframes, but at higher timeframes the slight imperfections number a great amount of points compared to 1min, so I use another method for higher timeframe.

Last edited:
I've been distracted! So I'm allowing myself to get in, in hindsight at 5757. I said earlier I predicted 5745.

5757 was 61% pullback from the 13:12 high. The price is also in line with a chop area - where support turns to resistance.

Edit: because it's a hindsight trade I'm only allowed to exit at -1, if it subsequently pulls back.

I've been distracted! So I'm allowing myself to get in, in hindsight at 5757. I said earlier I predicted 5745.

5757 was 61% pullback from the 13:12 high. The price is also in line with a chop area - where support turns to resistance.

Edit: because it's a hindsight trade I'm only allowed to exit at -1, if it subsequently pulls back.

Great trading, et. After all my sweat, this morning, I did not get it! Keep talking---I am all ears.(y)

Great trading, et. After all my sweat, this morning, I did not get it! Keep talking---I am all ears.(y)

I've totally nailed today - the high and now this low - but other days I've got it wrong so I would not suggest my predictions be mirror traded until I am prepared to put money where my fingers are. Even then I'll stop posting predictions after a while because I have other things to do than post here, and will eventually trade less as I don't plan to do this for a living.

For example, I could type something here after being a bit lazy and not really pay attention enough, and so make a mistake. If I was trading for money, I would make sure I'm totally switched on when I do my analysis.

I don't have a prediction right now so perhaps it's chop zone for now.

After we reached 5745 the pull back blew passed 61% and over 100% on the Fibonacci plot (last range high to breakout low). That could signal a new trend. Could...

Edit: for that hindsight trade, where I was distracted, I'll give myself 50% of the move, which is about +6.

So today
+1
+7
+6

I've entered Bullish at 5750 at the gap just above the chop zone, on the Fib 61% line.

This is a risk because I've not nested it within an upper trend. Looks like it is going now... maybe not. would like it to make a new high, not become an M.

Edit: It went down quick as it went up but I didn't exit at +1 because if it is an M it should go up a bit more. 'Got out' now +5 at 5755. Was a more risky 'trade' since I don't know the trend.

Edit I: It did breakout. Right now I would say I'm 'on form'. Another day like this and I'll be interested.

Edit II: Still don't have a definite idea for bullish trend in fact it may be bearish. The Fibonacci plot from low at 14:28 to high at 14:41 did not work as the price went to 38%, then went and made a new high. The subsequent Fibonacci plot from low at 14:49 to high at 14:52 reversed 100%.

Edit III: Now thinking it's more bullish but it looks like a decent effort at making a HS. I'm in the confused zone.

Last edited:
15:00 reverse!

I didn't get in on this one, but using my 1 min timing method, drawn from low at 15:11 to 15:14, the price reversed 100% line then rejected on the line drawn from the gap after 15:07. The gap was only 2 points away from the 61% line, and on a chop zone, so I should have tried it there.

15:00 reverse!

I didn't get in on this one, but using my 1 min timing method, drawn from low at 15:11 to 15:14, the price reversed 100% line then rejected on the line drawn from the gap after 15:07. The gap was only 2 points away from the 61% line, and on a chop zone, so I should have tried it there.

damn, neither did I - one of my prime times too :(

I was 'in' from the 61% Fib at 5766 but 'left' because it seemed to be struggling to get passed the 61% Fib in the other direction, and it was painting a slanted HS. Pity I didn't immediately go short and get in on the fun drop to the gap. Haven't re-entered yet. No wait, I'm having another 'go' from the gap at 5759.

My trades today: +1, -6, -6, +7, +6, +5, +2 = +9. Friday was +4 so +13.

I think what we have is a pullback in an uptrend (no target).

Edit: It went a bit below the gap and I've just noticed a gap in the down trend, so I'm out +1. It may still be up but this is not the safest time to enter if it is up.

Edit I: got 'in' at 5759 again. After the 61% reverse from the apparent breakout. However, I'm not so confident any more the trend is bullish. Just as I write this it's going up. I don't know when to exit this one. I'll leave now at 5767.

That's +8.

This is the first day I've decided to concentrate on the Fibonacci for timing. Is it usually this good? I don't know. Now +22. I actually used the 5 min chart to locate this trade.

Last edited: