Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

aahh the "barjon" anyone using the Barjon weak/strong ratio? how is it going

:cool:

It's going well, I'm a massive fan of this. Yes you don't make as much as a straight directional trade (you can leave one leg hanging once it moves into profit for a straight trade) but I feel slightly safer in this and it seems to fix the hole I had in my psychology of taking profit. As you know I had a big problem with closing trades, usually take half off, moving s/l to b/e then having that hit and essentially halving my profit.

"Slow and steady" as Barjon says, wins the race.

:cool:

It's going well, I'm a massive fan of this. Yes you don't make as much as a straight directional trade (you can leave one leg hanging once it moves into profit for a straight trade) but I feel slightly safer in this and it seems to fix the hole I had in my psychology of taking profit. As you know I had a big problem with closing trades, usually take half off, moving s/l to b/e then having that hit and essentially halving my profit.

"Slow and steady" as Barjon says, wins the race.

i am going to investigate this. its hard to understand,

i am going to investigate this. its hard to understand,

I'm still learning this for sure! I agree it is hard to understand as it kind of goes against everything I've been doing for the past five years but I can see the potential in it for sure and hence why I'm going to persevere with it

I'm still learning this for sure! I agree it is hard to understand as it kind of goes against everything I've been doing for the past five years but I can see the potential in it for sure and hence why I'm going to persevere with it

we should follow barjon around the gold course and ask him questions., while he is waiting to take his turn. I think he would enjoy the "company"

we should follow barjon around the gold course and ask him questions., while he is waiting to take his turn. I think he would enjoy the "company"

:LOL:

Just as he's teeing off, "SO Barjon... would you class -12 as weak?"

*Massive hook into the rough*

morning samirs,

TRIN? first time i have heard that mentioned on these boards. trin is same as arms index?

any rumours on $AAPL? I heard very good numbers expected...so buy the rumour sell the news...may be

aapl seems like a well covered stock , think the analysts will have it nailed, only random is the guidance outlook company gives. hope its not like VOD few days ago

it is in the context of other things yes....not on its own

basically if you believe breadth and volume influence prices then it makes sense

if you are only a PA believer and believe in nothing else then perhaps you would be sceptical about it....also not sure relevance for scalping...

I back-tested TRIN , could not find any bias, in his book "the education of a speculator" victor niederhoffer destructs TRIN, i think TRIN is the arms index, the chap who created i think never made any money from it, but made money fro selling book sand doing seminars.

I would agree....probably that applies to most indicators and other things...

that's why I use it in the context of other things and sparingly and has worked for me so far...end of the day we just need a reason to enter or not to enter a trade

and here I completely agree with Barjon.....any tool only gives a reason to enter...more focus should be on exit ....if you exit well then your entry is almost a non-event

it takes years to realise this simple fact....and a lot of time and effort is wasted in finding a perfect entry mechanism

to that extent

the VIX and Pivots i found the most helpful.

I would agree....probably that applies to most indicators and other things...

that's why I use it in the context of other things and sparingly and has worked for me so far...end of the day we just need a reason to enter or not to enter a trade

and here I completely agree with Barjon.....any tool only gives a reason to enter...more focus should be on exit ....if you exit well then your entry is almost a non-event

it takes years to realise this simple fact....and a lot of time and effort is wasted in finding a perfect entry mechanism

to that extent

I can't remember who it is at T2W but an 'esteemed' member here uses a random entry (or so he says) but he does say time and time again in his posts the same as what you have said above. It's not the entry that matters but how you get out of it. He uses a random entry but clearly defined exits and by all accounts seems to do well out of it.

In fact I said myself a week or so ago that S/R doesn't even have a major effect, it's all psychological, you may just as well throw a random line on a chart somewhere and trade the break/bounce of that. It's all about MM and what goes on in your noodle once you're in.

I think if it goes there then it is going to test June lows and perhaps even lower before presidential election rally

fed will likely time the next QE3 around Sept to create buzz around election time

who is snowrider?

i found a good ftse signal service. but i think i am not allowed to post it because i would become a vendor?