Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_47.png

Gary has a 38% correct rate. May as well toss a coin a few times. Yes, he was once great with a few good calls when the Dead Sea was still alive, but like so many market prognosticators he has also fallen into the trap of wanting that giddy feeling a fawning media once gave him.

If you feel the need for a guru in your life (because the tea leaves don't work anymore) then here is a good list with rankings even. Curiously the best rated one only has a 68% accuracy rate.

Gurus ranked

68% needs to be a benchmark here, i don't expect anything less from the group here.

If you feel the need for a guru in your life (because the tea leaves don't work anymore) then here is a good list with rankings even. Curiously the best rated one only has a 68% accuracy rate.

Gurus ranked
"Only" 7/10 called correctly? That's godlike levelo_O

How many magnitudes better is that than 50% coin flip?

Well, I have this idea in my head of a co-operative environment in which traders help each other become better, more profitable traders by helping each other.

One way to do this is to state your entry, stop and target when making a call. Doing so will make a trader think twice before lurching into an impetuous trade. A lack of self-control is a common trader foible. By instilling some self-discipline even an alcoholic can become a better trader.

Or we could continue with a toxic environment in which nobody gets better and people's contributions are derided. Snide remarks and responses are to nobody's benefit, if only serving to show people's true character when they afforded the illusory protection of anonymity.

It's up to you...stay as you are or better your game.

Well, I have this idea in my head of a co-operative environment in which traders help each other become better, more profitable traders by helping each other.

One way to do this is to state your entry, stop and target when making a call. Doing so will make a trader think twice before lurching into an impetuous trade. A lack of self-control is a common trader foible. By instilling some self-discipline even an alcoholic can become a better trader.

Or we could continue with a toxic environment in which nobody gets better and people's contributions are derided. Snide remarks and responses are to nobody's benefit, if only serving to show people's true character when they afforded the illusory protection of anonymity.

It's up to you...stay as you are or better your game.
fair enough. i have placed trgts, rarely stops because i want to see the PA play out a bit on that hard right edge. I have an idea for the stop in mind, but i frequently change them on the fly ...due to the action that plays out.

Is this approach wrong?

fair enough. i have placed trgts, rarely stops because i want to see the PA play out a bit on that hard right edge. I have an idea for the stop in mind, but i frequently change them on the fly ...due to the action that plays out.

Is this approach wrong?
Yes, it's wrong; the worst possible in fact.

Imho a good trader has a methodology based on the instrument's nature, eg. I place my stops 10 points away on the DAX but 20 away on the SPX. Some people adhere to the ATR indicator because that takes intraday volatility into account. It is also best practise to immediately enter a placed stop asap after entering a position. Mental stops are a fool's paradise.