Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

still in but getting weary

From what I can tell it's gonna be range bound now between 68 and 82. A move either side of that is where I'm looking to re-enter. Might not happen now until near to 14.30pm but then of course at 15.00pm we have the GDP announcement from the UK so.... might just chill until 14.00pm. If I was still in the trade I'd certainly hold onto my position for a bit longer if I had my s/l moved up of course.

yes i've been a bit stubborn with this one but it's at b/e and a small stake so it's cool

stop is at b/e? Have you taken anything from either this trade or another today?

Hey I'm just playing devils advocate here so DON'T LISTEN to whay I say but... you know how much of a ball ache it is when you're massively in profit only to watch a trade hit your b/e stop.

All I'm sayin is maybe look to take some profit soon even if you only take 50% off then bang your stop up a little higher... maybe you know just sayin, but that's me and the way I trade I'm just giving you a suggestion I'M NOT BY ANY MEANS SAYING THAT IS RIGHT.(y)

Anybody take that short there? I was tempted I gotta say at 5668 but not sure if this has the legs to go the distance yet

GDP Estimate for UK at 15.00pm

Reckon it will have much impact today??

if its very bad then it should have impact, but gdp is not veyr niosy number, and they can explain it away with olympics and too much rain and prince harry being drunk

if its very bad then it should have impact, but gdp is not veyr niosy number, and they can explain it away with olympics and too much rain and prince harry being drunk

Yeah I was totally thinking if it is bad they would blame the weather, I think it's probably gonna come out unchanged and it's only the estimate and not the real thing until next week. I'll probably look to re-enter before 15.00pm and just tighten my stop a few mins before.

Grrr pissed off I missed that move just now though. Even had a line drawn at 5668 as an area to sell. Still hoping to get a nice bounce of 5660 and might look to go long from there.

Small US Distributor Responds
Dear Mish,
I am a small distributor and sell mostly to online stores. In the past 3 weeks, our business has dropped off a cliff.
Our retail store that usually has 5 orders a day, has had 1 in the past week. I also have a customer with an Amazon store and he has gone from 10 orders a day to a total of 1 order all this week.
Moreover, I have spoken with a number of other distributors and they are all begging for business. There is a dead silence in the buyers right now.
Something is definitely happening and it isn't good. The numbers are not showing the real depth of this. I think we may see them fall off hard in the next 90 days.
Tom

Global Collapse In Auto Sales Coming Up | Mike Shedlock | Safehaven.com

stop is at b/e? Have you taken anything from either this trade or another today?

Hey I'm just playing devils advocate here so DON'T LISTEN to whay I say but... you know how much of a ball ache it is when you're massively in profit only to watch a trade hit your b/e stop.

All I'm sayin is maybe look to take some profit soon even if you only take 50% off then bang your stop up a little higher... maybe you know just sayin, but that's me and the way I trade I'm just giving you a suggestion I'M NOT BY ANY MEANS SAYING THAT IS RIGHT.(y)

no profit yet but i know what your saying ...thanks

Grrr pissed off I missed that move just now though. Even had a line drawn at 5668 as an area to sell. Still hoping to get a nice bounce of 5660 and might look to go long from there.

pre market they got dow above 12810, this is bull pivot.

Anybody take that short there?

I trade 1-2-3-4 reversals 15 min chart on ftse and there was a short setup with trigger on the last bar. I didn't take it only because i was already short on eurjpy and gbpusd and didn't want to overdo it. It was only a small one and the target would only have been 10 pips but it would have hit if i hadn't ducked out. (n)

How did this morning's rises fit in with how you measure ftse / dow differences SD , Barjon , anybody ? Looks like ftse rise was stronger than the dow's but I would imagine not enough to close any significant anomaly ?