Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

RDSA inverse head shoulders breakout and 100ma breakout also

Attachments

• rdsa inverse hs.png
    rdsa inverse hs.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 140
morning bustech, what UK time does the australian markets close?

7am UK time plus 10 minute closing market auction.
Also we are only open for 6 hours per day, we are not like the hard working UK open for 8.5 hours.
We don't close for lunch like some Asian markets.

according to resource trading in aus, the ftse should be very strong, but FTSE is set to open down 10ish. I wonder if there was a big currency movement aus/gbp

Aussie market is playing a big catch up from FTSE, SP500 and some Asian markets.
At the moment just playing all longs on the ASX200 for intraday movements.
AUD is slighty up against USD.

Bustech according to the movement in RIO/BLT ftse should be +35-45 ish, not down 10ish, I am short from 5496, opened the trade yesterday had many orders at 10pts intervals 1 got filled

have moved stop to 5500.

RDSA inverse hs also BP inverse hs, do RIO/BLT in aus exchange have massive 9mth head shoulders

Britain's building sector shrank at its fastest pace in three years in June, adding to fears the economy is heading deeper into recession and increasing the likelihood the Bank of England will restart money-printing later this week. The Markit/CIPS Purchasing Managers' Index, the monthly survey of construction firms, plummeted to 48.2 in the month, down from 54.4 in May, with any figure below 50 indicating a contraction in activity.

from independent newspaper

morning klw

had 4 orders to short and only one got filled

this market is going to be dead today.

possible 30pt range on daily cash candle

Morning SD --As long as there is movement I'll be trading :)

Re. the 4 orders at 10 point intervals , sounds a little like grid trading ( not that I know much about that ) , sounds interesting , as you said to me before , its whatever works for you .

Re. the 4 orders at 10 point intervals , sounds a little like grid trading ( not that I know much about that ) , sounds interesting , as you said to me before , its whatever works for you .

So true Kiw.
Always chance to make and lose money in any movement.

SD
Do you know much about grid trading(didnt know it was called this)
I trade the AUD/USD with 5 orders with 2,4,5 or 6 point intervals during the Aussie session, not on news release days.
Never tried this on the FTSE.

Last edited:

so the 15pts is really

15/4 = 3.75pts

because only a quarter got filled

its strange how RIO/BLT were up 2% or more in aus trading yet are doing nothing in UK trading,

So true Kiw.
Always chance to make and lose money in any movement.

SD
Do you know much about grid trading(didnt know it was called this)
I trade the AUD/USD with 5 orders with 2,4,5 or 6 point intervals during the Aussie session, not on news release days.
Never tried this on the FTSE.

This is the first time I have heard the term "grid trading". I analysed the Dow/SP500 they look overbought so I want to short any strength in FTSE to take advantage of reversals in US, the wildcard is the crossing and two closes above the 100ma. this changes the tone of the market.

the advantage of 4 orders is that as market rises my costs basis also rises. had the market gone to 5726 I woudl have full position with average cost of 5711 (15 adrift) but it would be implying Dow +100pts I find it unlikely the dow can close +100 because of extreme conditions, if it goes down then I am laughing if it goes up i will lose peanuts.

@IndyScience
Cern Large Hadron Collider: Scientists believe they have captured the “God particle” that holds the universe together