Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

"something goes wrong in China or Europe"

what are the lead indicators and pmi for aus saying?

Sorry misread your question.
Australian economic analyst don't trust the government data.
And not sure what is really happening inside China.
Some Aussie shipments into China have been stopped in the last few months.
Iron ore, copper etc

Sorry misread your question.
Australian economic analyst don't trust the government data.
And not sure what is really happening inside China.
Some Aussie shipments into China have been stopped in the last few months.
Iron ore, copper etc

i heard that copper has massive head shoulders

the last time ftse was in contact with a trigger levels was buy trigger at 5482 ftse has added about 174pts since then

I have an idea that nothing much is going to happen until Friday, do you?

Hi guys -- It has that feel about it yet so many times I have thought the same thing over a holiday period only to look back at the previous days charts to find some good moves ( usually up for some reason ) had happened with good technical signals. What can you say !

Hi SD -- I don't need any more excuses than I already have to watch the tour, Cavendish was brilliant yesterday, 1 for the climbers today.

If you find one let us know.

I know Martin CJ the thread starter did some work on this. Maybe he will pop in and share.

Hi All

I will try and find my notes on this, but from memory the FTSE made a high or low for the day in the first hour (8am to 9am) about 50% of the time. My study was of the first four hours of trading, and was related to average range for each hour.

I am finding a bit of time for trading but not much time for catching up with old friends. Pleased to see people doing such a great job keeping the thread going. Well done all. Will report in again soon.

Cheers

Martin

Hi All

I will try and find my notes on this, but from memory the FTSE made a high or low for the day in the first hour (8am to 9am) about 50% of the time. My study was of the first four hours of trading, and was related to average range for each hour.

I am finding a bit of time for trading but not much time for catching up with old friends. Pleased to see people doing such a great job keeping the thread going. Well done all. Will report in again soon.

Cheers

Martin

hi martin c-j thanks for the info

Hi Martin / SD -- Just done a very quick and rough visual back test and it does seem to be around the 50% mark and also a further number happening just after the second hour has started, a bigger edge than I thought previously.

Hi Martin / SD -- Just done a very quick and rough visual back test and it does seem to be around the 50% mark and also a further number happening just after the second hour has started, a bigger edge than I thought previously.

90mins before dow closes u tend to get rallies.

I think FTSE trading should begin at 2.30pm . since the ftse does not seem to do much before than other than gap to catch up with US

Morning All
Sydney
BHP + 2.3%
RIO + 2.7%
20 to go
Asian markets up apart from China.
What odds on FTSE 6,000 by the end of July.