Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning SD

Great question.
London RIO/BLT currently outperform.
UK ones are now at 2010 lows, but Aussie ones now close to 2009 lows(GFC levels).
What I look for is say there is current 3% differences for the last 6 to 12 months in each stock in Australia and UK.
Then that gaps goes to say 5%. I look for the market to close that gap.
And try play that with a short or long on the FTSE or ASX200.
Is BLT still the largest in the FTSE. BHP is the largest market cap in the ASX200.

Hi Bustech, I am guessing that the most volume is done in London.

Morning SD

Great question.
UK ones are now at 2010 lows, but Aussie ones now close to 2009 lows(GFC levels).
What I look for is say there is current 3% differences for the last 6 to 12 months in each stock in Australia and UK.
Is BLT still the largest in the FTSE. BHP is the largest market cap in the ASX200.

During my morning trawl of the internet I have read that the australian economy is in great danger, you are geared to china and FXI (china etf listed in US) is very bearish, buy the 3 year government bond, the australian occcupied government will do anything to support the Aus housing bubble.

Morning SD

Great question.

RIO 7th, BLT 11th in the market cap FTSE ranking

Incidentally, the big four to keep an eye on for FTSE are HSBC, VOD, BP, GSK

During my morning trawl of the internet I have read that the australian economy is in great danger, you are geared to china and FXI (china etf listed in US) is very bearish, buy the 3 year government bond, the australian occcupied government will do anything to support the Aus housing bubble.

If the mining boom finished, Australia would be just another Greece.
And house prices would also go lower.
Its so hard too trust the data out of China.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/152768-review-ftseday-com.html

good initiative...needs to be encouraged....a lot of these vendors keep promoting themselves and each other on twitter, facebook and message boards....

we all need to think before even inadvertently quoting these sharks since newbies are an easy target for these junkies

anyone (even a monkey) can get some calls right randomly or in hindsight

Got this from the net.

Attachments

• FTSE 100.JPG
    FTSE 100.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 137
Hope this is not a stupid question but still learning! How do they help? Does the ft 'follow' ?

FTSE value is calculated by reference to the price of its constituents, but all constituents are not equal and carry a different weighting equivalent to their different market capitalisations. Thus, movement in the big boys at the top moves the index to a far greater degree than the minnows at the bottom.

The four mentioned are the very top and if they are not moving then you're unlikely to see a major move in the index.

FTSE value is calculated by reference to the price of its constituents, but all constituents are not equal and carry a different weighting equivalent to their different market capitalisations. Thus, movement in the big boys at the top moves the index to a far greater degree than the minnows at the bottom.

The four mentioned are the very top and if they are not moving then you're unlikely to see a major move in the index.

Is it still worth looking at BLT and RIO now for any movement in FTSE on a daily basis.
Have been using it for my trading in the FTSE.

Thanks v useful

Is it still worth looking at BLT and RIO now for any movement in FTSE on a daily basis.
Have been using it for my trading in the FTSE.

well miners are well represented in ftse100 so strong interest in miners (one way or the other :)) has pretty significant impact