Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

To be honest SD I don't look for that kind of information as a background to my trades , I really am a short term trader so fundies and anything else means very little to me, I don't even know the price of oil somedays I am just so focussed on my little area of trading, chart , price action candlesticks etc.

what ever works brother.

FTSE triggers for tuesday

Buy 5510
Sell 5500

FTSE 4.35close = dow 12488

My old mentor used to open a ftse future position when the cash closed , if the dow went the right way ( and therefore the ftse future with it ) he won , if the dow went the wrongway he would hedge his ftse position , so his net results were either a win or pretty close to break even every morning he woke up. He was good at it.

My old mentor used to open a ftse future position when the cash closed , if the dow went the right way ( and therefore the ftse future with it ) he won , if the dow went the wrongway he would hedge his ftse position , so his net results were either a win or pretty close to break even every morning he woke up. He was good at it.

sounds like a great idea, thanks for sharing. i trade the ftse to play potential upside in Dow,

if u read the crude market well, it gives u pretty good idea where the main indices are going.

You know walmart WMT is decently correlated to Crude(gasoline)

interesting ...how would he hedge his position after the fact

long ftse at 5500 (say), if it heads south to 5490 (again, say) hedge with dow short. The resultant pair will be profitable if ftse trades strong vs dow - ie rises better than 1 point for 2 dow points, or falls less than 1 point for 2 dow points - from then on. ftse would have to trade strong enough to cover the initial "loss" and spreads of course.

Trading Rules 101 is a combination of patterns and observations we have learned on the trading floors of the Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange over the last 35 years. Much of it was made up during the time the desk worked the phone for Marty “The Pit Bull” Schwartz. It was an amazing time back then. Today the roar of the S&P pit is gone, but long after electronic trading took over, the rules continue to be a vital part of our trading toolbox............S&P | Trading 101 | Daily Market News Videos | MrTopStep | Options and Futures Chat Room

Morning All
Sydney
BHP -1.6%
RIO -1.3%
20 mins to go.
Both hardly moved all day and no real lead for the FTSE from this part of the world.
On hold for EU summit. Also Italy plans to sell zero-coupon and inflation-linked bonds on Tuesday and medium- and longer-term bonds on Thursday.

Morning All
Sydney
BHP -1.6%
RIO -1.3%
20 mins to go.
Both hardly moved all day and no real lead for the FTSE from this part of the world.
On hold for EU summit. Also Italy plans to sell zero-coupon and inflation-linked bonds on Tuesday and medium- and longer-term bonds on Thursday.

morning bustech, your rio and blt are quoted in aussie dollars. i wonder if rio/blt in australia lead or follow london

morning bustech, your rio and blt are quoted in aussie dollars. i wonder if rio/blt in australia lead or follow london

Morning SD

Great question.
London RIO/BLT currently outperform.
UK ones are now at 2010 lows, but Aussie ones now close to 2009 lows(GFC levels).
What I look for is say there is current 3% differences for the last 6 to 12 months in each stock in Australia and UK.
Then that gaps goes to say 5%. I look for the market to close that gap.
And try play that with a short or long on the FTSE or ASX200.
Is BLT still the largest in the FTSE. BHP is the largest market cap in the ASX200.