Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Trashing? Never my intention what-so-ever to trash another person's thread but yes certainly heading that way and therefore my last post on this thread for a while.

I have been unsuccessful in trading in the past myself, probably more unsuccessful than successful being truthful but I am now at a level where this is my only 'job' for want of a better word.

The reason I was very defensive is the reason I stopped viewing these boards, I found reading other people's opinions on how to trade was harming my own efforts. The day I stopped frequenting forums and thinking that all the knowledge lay there was the day I really started to trade.

The reason I am back frequenting T2W is for the camaraderie of knowing that everyone here has a love of trading and obviously we're a small bunch and I don't have the option of talking about this with anyone else during the day. Trading is a lonely old game.

Once again excuse my abruptness and yes I shall stop 'trashing' this thread now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Well I think that's a good apology and I respect that. Christ alive this is hard enough without a fight breaking out...... (Liverpool accent) calm down... calm down ;-)

Trashing? Never my intention what-so-ever to trash another person's thread but yes certainly heading that way and therefore my last post on this thread for a while.

I have been unsuccessful in trading in the past myself, probably more unsuccessful than successful being truthful but I am now at a level where this is my only 'job' for want of a better word.

The reason I was very defensive is the reason I stopped viewing these boards, I found reading other people's opinions on how to trade was harming my own efforts. The day I stopped frequenting forums and thinking that all the knowledge lay there was the day I really started to trade.

The reason I am back frequenting T2W is for the camaraderie of knowing that everyone here has a love of trading and obviously we're a small bunch and I don't have the option of talking about this with anyone else during the day. Trading is a lonely old game.

Once again excuse my abruptness and yes I shall stop 'trashing' this thread now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

You are not coming back for what I said? Come here as often as you want. There are many more traders who have more right to say who should, or should not, post than I. As far as I am concerned the hatchet is buried and let's get back on track. The only stipulation is, please, let me go shopping now and again.

don't forget next week is the last week of the quarter....for me we should know by friday next if the bear is taking up residence....

will you be bullish / flat this week till Friday?

not sure really ...the stange thing is i still think we could get a raging bull....a lot of gurus calling short but you never know ..monthly bar could still give reversal ....anyway have you been watching the ew lately?

it has played out quite a lot in the last few weeks...the chart has a question mark... i don't bother with the rules i just ignored the price action in the circle:LOL:

Attachments

• waffle.gif
    waffle.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 137
not sure really ...the stange thing is i still think we could get a raging bull....a lot of gurus calling short but you never know ..monthly bar could still give reversal ....anyway have you been watching the ew lately?

it has played out quite a lot in the last few weeks...the chart has a question mark... i don't bother with the rules i just ignored the price action in the circle:LOL:

i know these waves could be counted in different ways but over the last few weeks (may/june) i have been watching the 4 hr charts for the simple 12345 wave formation and it happens quite frequently....check it out ... for me the trick is to get the waves falling on signal lines like fib's/pivot ....i don't get bogged down by the rules either...i just look for 5 waves... this is just an observation ...markets change and we get a whole new ball game:)

i cant see months on the chart ....is it traditional Aug for buying....that's too long term thinking for me....:)

I'm thinking of morning and afternoon sessions. August is a whole five weeks away. I hope to be filthy rich by then! On a daily chart I see a downtrend but, my word, there is a range of hundreds of points, either way, with the price fairly close to the trendline.

If we are expecting to make 15 to 60 points ,tomorrow, we can't do much other than wait until the open and play it as the cards are dealt.

The man on LBC, just a lowly football fan, thought that England winning could be bullish for shares and the economy tomorrow. :LOL: That shows what a diverse group of share pickers we are!

I'm thinking of morning and afternoon sessions. August is a whole five weeks away. I hope to be filthy rich by then! On a daily chart I see a downtrend but, my word, there is a range of hundreds of points, either way, with the price fairly close to the trendline.

If we are expecting to make 15 to 60 points ,tomorrow, we can't do much other than wait until the open and play it as the cards are dealt.

The man on LBC, just a lowly football fan, thought that England winning could be bullish for shares and the economy tomorrow. :LOL: That shows what a diverse group of share pickers we are!

Hope to be able to make a trade or two this week! I have a problem with a strong trend knowing when to get in and when to leave it alone just seen this which will help me out.

Hope to be able to make a trade or two this week! I have a problem with a strong trend knowing when to get in and when to leave it alone just seen this which will help me out.

Me, too! Here's a chart 5M chart of June 21. It's easy, in hindsight, isn't it. but the lower high, lower low is clear. I feel that there is a lot to be said for our system based on averages. too. I intend to stay with it, but if I get anything else, I'll put it on.

This trend did not start until the afternoon, which is why I mentioned morning and afternoon sessions in my previous post.

I intend to post my trades for the 22nd later on. Why I did what I did, etc.

Attachments

• June21 5MFT.jpg
    June21 5MFT.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Me, too! Here's a chart 5M chart of June 21. It's easy, in hindsight, isn't it. but the lower high, lower low is clear. I feel that there is a lot to be said for our system based on averages. too. I intend to stay with it, but if I get anything else, I'll put it on.

This trend did not start until the afternoon, which is why I mentioned morning and afternoon sessions in my previous post.

I intend to post my trades for the 22nd later on. Why I did what I did, etc.
Love to see your trades would be very interesting. I see from your chart that there was a retest of lower levels made just after 3ish but its having the balls isn't it?

I didn't trade the afternoon session but I would have gone for the moving averages cross on this chart... I use 8,21,34,55 I only use the 55 as a resistance level and am looking for the cross more or less together there was a nice one at about 3.15. Thinking down next week we will see.

Attachments

• POST.PNG
    POST.PNG
    83.2 KB · Views: 118
Love to see your trades would be very interesting. I see from your chart that there was a retest of lower levels made just after 3ish but its having the balls isn't it?

I didn't trade the afternoon session but I would have gone for the moving averages cross on this chart... I use 8,21,34,55 I only use the 55 as a resistance level and am looking for the cross more or less together there was a nice one at about 3.15. Thinking down next week we will see.

I did not do as well, on Thursday, as I should have done, because I lost some in the morning. I was into Forex, too. Perhaps, one should stay with one thing. Also, that chart extends up to 2200, which is well out of hours (although I trade then, too, bcause it is, still, only one point spread until Dow close and moves well with the Dow).

As far as balls is concerned, if you analyse it, it is a question of figuring where it is safe to put the stop loss and, perhaps, if you think the risk is too much, reducing the stake size and adding when the trend is more established?

That's just a suggestion and everyone has to work his account management for himself but I find that when I have had a good run and the account looks good I can afford to risk a bit more to see what would happen under certain circumstances. Also, I am never ashamed to use minimum stakes on a trade provided that I am not doing something daft. A CEO would hate me as his finance director!

"As far as balls is concerned, if you analyse it, it is a question of figuring where it is safe to put the stop loss and, perhaps, if you think the risk is too much, reducing the stake size and adding when the trend is more established?"

Spot on!