Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Asian markets closed with contained losses, with the exception of the Shanghai stock exchange which ended in a slight rise. The fall of oil and the rise in yields were the themes of the session. In Japan, news circulated that the Central Bank intervened in the debt market, acquiring bonds, in order to halt the sharp rise in yields.

That is not a happy dax.

Just a constant stream of lower highs on all timescales this week.

Attachments

• nhd.png
    nhd.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 56
Even if dax did catch a break, the trend line wouldn't make it to 12,400 by the close.

Attachments

• nogd.png
    nogd.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 51
How do you see the Dax behaving over the next few weeks or so?

I'm leaning toward the "poncing about a bit" and a general drift north interspersed with the odd thud and a spike or two to startle the shorts off the beach.

(my current long at 336 has no bearing on my question whatsoever, of course):whistling

If gold breaks below 1200 in the next two weeks then keep riding the bull, if gold continues w/ tighter ranges and remains where it is now for the next two weeks be very worried.

If gold breaks below 1200 in the next two weeks then keep riding the bull, if gold continues w/ tighter ranges and remains where it is now for the next two weeks be very worried.

Thanks for that.

Another one, please: The Dax fell and the Dow and Gold rose from before Xmas to the end of May. Gold and the Dax have been falling since then but the Dow only getting tired of its rise very recently. Why do you see the current Gold/Dax correlation persisting?

Thanks for that.

Another one, please: The Dax fell and the Dow and Gold rose from before Xmas to the end of May. Gold and the Dax have been falling since then but the Dow only getting tired of its rise very recently. Why do you see the current Gold/Dax correlation persisting?

correlations are temporary, all the 5hit that's happening is foreplay before snp 500 hits 2451. why the ftse has gone up more compared to the dax even though dax was twice as expensive a year ago vs. ftse.......because it's all a fugazy