Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

out here for +20. No real reason, but no point in being super long over the weekend

still holding the spx and the dax

That was a complete washout.
Doesn't bode well for next month if nobody wanted to chase the new contracts.

God knows.
A rather good trader I know went long lots of spx calls earlier, and when he does that, it's usually good for a ramp up in the following days/weeks.
He's not right all of the time, but he's bloody good. So i'd expect more upside. No change there, then!! :)

if anyone own retail shares, time to sell... It might take a little time but once Amazon get the wholefood stores into their system and make brick & mortar work within their tech set-up, all retailers will shiver, only the very fittest will survive. Amazon does things when its ready to do them and when it knows it will win so retailers need to take notice , adapt or die, traditional retail is in for a reset. I traded JC Penny for ages but no more, anything retail anywhere is to be put on the shelf and see who survives before buying

Last edited:
Long the CAC @ 5267, small size, hoping for an overly positive French Election outcome :eek:

never naked short the dow unless it's going down for a clearly defined reason

The reason I took the trade was lack of buying (at the time) off the support areas. Indeed 330 was the high for a good hour. The problem was that yes it was counter, but I was being too optimistic in terms of a target. +20 was offered and I refused, then price failed to sell through at 3.50pm - massive warning to get out, but Im totally out of sync, not traded intraday for a long time.

The second trade was the unforgivable - all the prior info, and I just jumped in with no reason other than "guessing" that the low earlier was not real. Got what I deserved and took the loss.

But yes agree that the danger side is short (currently).

Need to get a few sessions under my belt and ease my way back in.

Last edited:
The reason I took the trade was lack of buying (at the time) off the support areas. Indeed 330 was the high for a good hour. The problem was that yes it was counter, but I was being too optimistic in terms of a target. +20 was offered and I refused, then price failed to sell through at 3.50pm - massive warning to get out, but Im totally out of sync, not traded intraday for a long time.

The second trade was the unforgivable - all the prior info, and I just jumped in with no reason other than "guessing" that the low earlier was not real. Got what I deserved and took the loss.

But yes agree that the danger side is short (currently).

Need to get a few sessions under my belt and ease my way back in.

I saw you put those trades on , I went long against you.The shorts have a 75% loss rate on indices.I only trade longs.I made +70

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/224008-daily-weekly-dow-trading-system-4.html#post2919690

Still hanging on to both mine (642 & 712) having moved stops up. I'm thinking that it might have a lunge at 12792 so my target's at 12785. Greed is good-ish.:innocent:

Dax looking strong this morning so I moved my target to 825 which was hit at 7h10 :)

Busy doing other stuff to day so no trades for me to speak of.

ATB to all for many pips.

Erupe pre-market is having a rally
already closed-off 6 dax positions at 12834, ftse at 7521, ibex at 10830 and stoxx50 at 3570
nik225 also doing ok, bought heavy at 19750 and below, closed some of these at 20083 today.