Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

For what it's worth, a trader who I respect is mentioning buying put options for the first time in ages today. He's been a bull throughout most of this rally, but I guess he's seen something today to make him worried

I Should have listened more carefully to his warning yesterday! I bet he's made a small fortune:eek:

ps - He's closing half of his shorts here, I believe

I Should have listened more carefully to his warning yesterday! I bet he's made a small fortune:eek:

ps - He's closing half of his shorts here, I believe

Wise to take some profits today - but I'm sure he will reload again. Personally long term I have 2290 as my clear out target. Will take time, but it does appear that order flow and news are in line which means we get the faster moves.

On the days Trump gets some reprieve, we bounce, simple. But that doesn't change the order flow - which is a lack of new buying, and longs gradually being forced out leg by leg- until they ultimately become sellers. But I can't see a reason for this happening until we head aggressively into 2300 zone

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/222250-dow-thread-traders-dow-5.html

This was from 3 weeks ago - all still valid and has played out logically relative to who is currently in the market. Only posted to illustrate to anyone who is interested in order flow structure - and the possibility of futurology (darkside lol).

Obviously many ways to trade, just putting a different viewpoint across for anyone interested.

a few hours ago after huges loss you said you "calling it day". you didn't, you are still here?

You were right. (y)

I'm done for the day, theres always tomorrow. :)

Yep done for the day, didnt trade any more after 2 big losses. That takes self restraint, a quality that you probably have never possessed given your constant need for instant gratification trying to 'trade' anything that moves.

The ability to 'wait until tomorrow' is known as delayed gratification!

"...researchers found that children who were able to wait longer for the preferred rewards tended to have better life outcomes, as measured by SAT scores,[2] educational attainment,[3] body mass index (BMI),[4] and other life measures.[5]..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

Hows your body mass index pippy :LOL:

By the way you never posted ANY closing trades on ALL the longs you took yesterday and today. My loss today (less my profit on the ftse trades) cannot be anywhere near the imaginary trades you have been firing off.

good idea to wait...2morrow will be a lot easier trading;thurs are a giveaway

better yet, maybe wait till next thurs?:p

I had a bad Dax trade that set me back a good bit, only to recoup in the afternoon. I ended with EU that put me ahead for the day.

In a nutshell, instead of staying with FT and Nasdaq, I went (desperation?) wider afield and into forex.

The old lady fell 83 points after the close and is now up over 60 points since then.

Daveys Twitter feed only has 9 posts in it now, I wonder what happened to his balls deep long position? :cheesy:

Haha

"Once again, please do not send questions on twitter. I no longer read tweets. Twitter is purely for updates only. Email questions. Cheers."

Dont send questions, yes like 'WTF are you doing balls deep long in a sinking market'.
Looks like he's going to have to re invent himself AGAIN before he can sell some mugs a tipsheet. :LOL:

I have the s&p bouncing back to 2372 cash then who knows what.
I know it has to go to 2345 but is that this week? The Donald investigations continue!

Interesting times. :D