Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just reading the F Factory, think a few accounts got killed.

Algos trading illiquid markets.

Bit like the Swiss franc move, but from the central bank move.

Can happen to any market.

Looks like buying GBPUSD when i got home last night after a few vinos was a bad idea!

Still I made a bit back by buying some more and some GBPAUD and flipping them.

I agree it feels like its going to be a "fun" day!

I'm leaning towards a "fat finger" explanation

word on the street says FoMo accidently lent on his keyboard whilst going for a midnight bacon sarnie. LRs still called it tho :eek::cheesy:

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4236-lrs.jpg

Seriously, hope noone got too bashed up in that bs :clover:

Darktone, my broker had it down to 1.19 not sure where you're at with 1.13..nonetheless this is some historic stuff.

ftse - good trending morning so far with longs only. Just closed last L @7078.

Don't often get days like this with cable getting hammered and FTSE 100 picking up the pieces...

Holding a L on Nas from 4860 (small stake).... see how we go.

Any thoughts on reaction to NFP later? Good numbers would usually be a positive but conversely will strengthen Feds hand in regard to a rate rise! Could go either way!!

Any thoughts on reaction to NFP later? Good numbers would usually be a positive but conversely will strengthen Feds hand in regard to a rate rise! Could go either way!!
:idea: .. Up, then down,,then up a bit, then down, then up down up down up, then down some...Then up, and down, up down up, and down up down.. But after that im not sure

:idea: .. Up, then down,,then up a bit, then down, then up down up down up, then down some...Then up, and down, up down up, and down up down.. But after that im not sure

Up THEN down you say??? Hmmmmm. Was thinking more down then up myself.... either way expect a completely irrational reaction.

word on the street says FoMo accidently lent on his keyboard whilst going for a midnight bacon sarnie. LRs still called it tho :eek::cheesy:

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4236-lrs.jpg

Seriously, hope noone got too bashed up in that bs :clover:

Lucky the Mo gang have those 3 to 7 point stops.

That will save them.

The market now is I don't care which is 80/90% of the time mostly.

USA can have the last say.

Walk away and come back on Monday(bit of Sunday arvo home work)

Because I have??

Goodnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
lower gold = wider ranges in equities

major uncertainty in markets.
dxy smack dab in the middle of both 10 day swings at 97.210 and 96.395
euro 1.12047 and 1.11165

main reason for uncertainty = gold won't go to 1265.32 today so will dow hit 18334 today?
you have a hawkish fed who drove markets up....gbp/usd hit 1.19
this makes no sense at all