Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Watching FTSE is very dull atm, tempted to take limited profit from short position but knowing my luck it will dump just after....

try and make some money from it instead!

My sentiments exactly, I won't be trading next week, I'd rather sit it out and come back after the event and trade the opportunities when we the dust has settled.

All gains made from now to beginning of Summer will be lost in july to mid August and recovery will only resume after september. Look to ftse closing between 6317 to 6412 in December. Don't let the summer trap you, it's going to be a buying opportunity. Someone repost this in December.

:eek:

My sentiments exactly, I won't be trading next week, I'd rather sit it out and come back after the event and trade the opportunities when we the dust has settled.

Absolutely - this week and the week after are the trading weeks - next week is going to be daft, and with the increased margin and spreads I will be probably only be trading the ASX if at all. The garden and DIY might get a seeing to next week!

Really can't understand why people take big punts going into it lol

Really can't understand why people take big punts going into it lol

Exactly, the markets are here Monday to Friday, I don't feel or see the need to be trading every hour of everyday, a few hours everyday at key times is enough for me. There are times when its best IMHO, not to be in the market, next week is one of them, spread, margin and volatility increases etc etc, not worth the stress for me.

Absolutely - this week and the week after are the trading weeks - next week is going to be daft, and with the increased margin and spreads I will be probably only be trading the ASX if at all. The garden and DIY might get a seeing to next week!

Good idea (y)

Watching FTSE is very dull atm, tempted to take limited profit from short position but knowing my luck it will dump just after....

Hi Swissy I gave up watching paint dry on the ftse ages ago, more bang for your buck on the Dax & smaller £pp yields so many more ops at key times for me.

Hi Swissy I gave up watching paint dry on the ftse ages ago, more bang for your buck on the Dax & smaller £pp yields so many more ops at key times for me.

I am tempted to trade DAX... get very good commentary on here and dentists p&f thread, maybe after the refo..... I do also (sometimes) play the opening on the FTSE though, which has generally been profitable due to its price swings in the first 5 mins, conventional wisdom says you shouldn't, but after watching it for a long time, fading price from its extremes seems to work till it settles down - you have to be nimble though and pick your moments.
ps still in on the short trade from around 0830 (@5940) although I almost had a narcolepsy attack in the process.

I am tempted to trade DAX... get very good commentary on here and dentists p&f thread, maybe after the refo..... I do also (sometimes) play the opening on the FTSE though, which has generally been profitable due to its price swings in the first 5 mins, conventional wisdom says you shouldn't, but after watching it for a long time, fading price from its extremes seems to work till it settles down - you have to be nimble though and pick your moments.
ps still in on the short trade from around 0830 (@5940) although I almost had a narcolepsy attack in the process.

Ha ha Narcolepsy, I feel your pain there mate.

Yes, without doubt the commentary on here is the best there is, I've had a good look around other forums, t2w is it.
I don't do the "I entered here, I exited there" posts as I found the double pressure of my own position & then posting to be too much for me in my very small 2.5 hour window. I hope I contribute in other ways.

I can tell you & anybody looking in now that Dinos is the one to learn from. He does some hum dinger no no's at times (his style means he mostly enters after me, but he gets chopped about much less) but I swear he is fookin' yoda most of the time.

If you are good at the swings of the ftse open, then you are basically good enough for the Dax. Ftse forces too high £pp for me as the points on offer often mean a very slow reward if the position is right, the Dax usually provides a swift answer, sometimes by way of an axe mind, but at least it keeps you awake.

good luck this afternoon.

Closed S FTSE @5920 could well go lower (or higher lol) but taking profits and clearing the deck ahead of US open.

Some 'bad' numbers from the US in 10 minutes.
Dow opens down and rallies for the rest of the day and tomorrow.

I should warn you I have 2105 as the close on the S&P tomorrow so I may be biased. ;)

After the reaction of financial markets to the meetings of central banks, European investors will focus again on the referendum on the permanence of the UK in the EU. Regarding this subject there is a slight discrepancy between the polls and the odds offered by the bookmakers. The latest polls point to a growing advantage of the favorable field outside the EU. However, the bookmakers continue to assign a higher probability to the “Remain”. The reason for this difference is that the bookmakers, based on similar events that occurred in the past, presuppose that the undecided will vote for continuity. Thus, according to this assumption of bookmakers, the undecided tend to vote for the stay. Today will meet the Bank of England and the referendum is undoubtedly the main theme of the press conference.

Ha ha Narcolepsy, I feel your pain there mate.

I can tell you & anybody looking in now that Dinos is the one to learn from. He does some hum dinger no no's at times (his style means he mostly enters after me, but he gets chopped about much less) but I swear he is fookin' yoda most of the time.
Dinos seems to be in control of his positions at all times.That to me is the key.Never let the market control you.Yes you have to give the market some leway and you have a stop in case things go wrong. Enter and if you are right take your profit.if wrong get out quickly.none of this im holding a short from last week b@@@sh@@t

Interesting comments guys, thank you, I must say I wasn't expecting them, nor would I expect anybody to say them. I post trades as I see them, some are right some are wrong, hopefully more right than wrong. If my rantings (postings) get to much, tell me and I scale them back. I do thing there are some excellent posters on here, who's knowledge is exceptional, Postman comes to mind, hopefuly we all can keep learning together and continue to make the money together. Rob

Dinos seems to be in control of his positions at all times.That to me is the key.Never let the market control you.Yes you have to give the market some leway and you have a stop in case things go wrong. Enter and if you are right take your profit.if wrong get out quickly.none of this im holding a short from last week b@@@sh@@t

TBF, i know some very very good swing traders who can call bottoms/tops more often than not- Put money on it too

Check inbox as well please!