Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

+30 on half.

Dino is teaching me new tricks.

I don't think so matey, you know most of the tricks in the book :whistle:whistling:cheesy:

Yes, always a bit to cautious :rolleyes:

Always nice to get some points in the bag and get that stop to zero, or in your case +1

I'm in control of my position for about 20 to 30 seconds, when it's flown after that I have no control whatsoever apart from take profit or take it up the aris.

Enter, decide if it is a turkey, or swan, either way control is very very limited.

Mechanical stops basically tells ol bookie where your money is.

Unless of course you stomp up for DMA, then the farms know where your money is.

Hi Tokyo,
I take it you use "soft" stops? Or disaster stop and exit manually?
if so how have you managed with this method?

I remember reading many moons ago, an article by John Carter of CME, he put forward an article and the principles have stayed with me since, I can’t remember the actual article now as it’s so long ago, but it was something like this:

Imagine you’re a bird sat in a tree and below you is a newly seeded lawn, around the edges of the lawn were bushes, hiding in the bushes were cats waiting and watching. Every now and again, a window of opportunity came along allowing you to fly down, grab a few seeds and get back to the safety of your branch, the birds that pushed their luck, often got caught by the cats.

The moral of the story, when applied to trading makes complete sense, wait and watch what’s happening, see the trade, get in, get some points and get out.

And that’s how I see trading, later in the trades than most, get some points and get out, the price may continue on its path, but I achieved what I intended to do before I entered the trade.

I think that makes sense.

Looking at my last DAX trade, had I stayed in, there was +100 on offer, but I had a target in mind, exceeded that initial target, exited, jobs a good one.

Last edited:
Final results.
Ftse +30 (half) +55 (half) ave +42.5 :)

+78 on the dow. :D

Only 45 more points to go on the S&P for 2105. ;)

AND ....... FOOTBALL Spoiler alert

England win on the footy. :clap:

Time to quit!

Mu sortie into the DAX this afternoon

a) -20
b) +40 (half Position) and +50 (half position) Ave (45)

Net +25

Hi Tokyo,
I take it you use "soft" stops? Or disaster stop and exit manually?
if so how have you managed with this method?

Hi Swissy, I use a manual stop in my head of up to 10 ish points (if I'm caught out, sometimes a few more) so for the dax this is super tight if it's motoring.
I have days where I get picked to death, almost like they are in tune with my next move ;) & Some days it just falls into place.

All the control is in the waiting, It took me a very long time to gain the discipline to simply wait for the right moment. Much harder than it seems because I can wait for half an hour some days & this is a large chunk of my window.
So once a position is taken I have a very short moment to make a decision....trap ? sudden ramming of my position, coz I'm a tool & didn't wait quite long enough etc, or if I've picked my moment right I'm hanging onto the coattails of the real price movement outside the control of the bookie.

I never ever trade slow pace.

There is no disaster stop, I'm way too skittish to allow it to get to that & my £pp is too low to worry about a real slammer.

I've done all the higher £pp, done all the sitting with turkeys till they come good, it doesn't suit my style. Small beer, nice flow is all there is for me.

Good days, bad days.

Hi Swissy, I use a manual stop in my head of up to 10 ish points (if I'm caught out, sometimes a few more) so for the dax this is super tight if it's motoring.
I have days where I get picked to death, almost like they are in tune with my next move ;) & Some days it just falls into place.

All the control is in the waiting, It took me a very long time to gain the discipline to simply wait for the right moment. Much harder than it seems because I can wait for half an hour some days & this is a large chunk of my window.
So once a position is taken I have a very short moment to make a decision....trap ? sudden ramming of my position, coz I'm a tool & didn't wait quite long enough etc, or if I've picked my moment right I'm hanging onto the coattails of the real price movement outside the control of the bookie.

I never ever trade slow pace.

There is no disaster stop, I'm way too skittish to allow it to get to that & my £pp is too low to worry about a real slammer.

I've done all the higher £pp, done all the sitting with turkeys till they come good, it doesn't suit my style. Small beer, nice flow is all there is for me.

Good days, bad days.

Thanks, I've tried both and sometimes its death by a thousand cuts with tight stops, so I have used manual as well - very intensive though till you can put your stop to BE. Agree you need to kill the trade early - can always re-enter.