Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Anyone know what effect an -8% move on Apple should have on the S&P price?

The last info I have on it is

Every $1 move by Apple moves S&P 500 up or down 0.6526 point

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-apples-impact-on-the-sp-500-tech-sector-2015-08-05

Its down $10 so thats about 6 points Just for Apple.

Guess were just going to gloss over that little imperfection in the grand plan. You know the bit where the companies we invest in actually make money and return it to the shareholders. What an antiquated idea.

Dow low was 17933 so I'm shorting it around 18030 area, thats the 100 point up move level. (Which doesnt happen Every day :whistling).

Dow low was 17933 so I'm shorting it around 18030 area, thats the 100 point up move level. (Which doesnt happen Every day :whistling).

Well the low came in at 17,920 so 18,020 is the 100 point reversal today.

Get ready.

Dow looks like its going to 17,920. If it stops there it will form an inverted head and shoulders and look to be set for 18,150.
If it breaks 17,890 I think its a real downer, hundreds of points.

It did bounce there. Lets see if it holds tonight.

Normally when a company misses their targets by such a distance to cause the share price to drop 6% (apple) the rest of the sector takes a hammering too. Not in the good ole US of A, none of the other companies in that sector on the S&P have dropped in any meaningful way, this is the new normal.

Normally when a company misses their targets by such a distance to cause the share price to drop 6% (apple) the rest of the sector takes a hammering too. Not in the good ole US of A, none of the other companies in that sector on the S&P have dropped in any meaningful way, this is the new normal.

None of them rose astronomically over the last 20 years either