Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

GBPUSD plummeting will pressure further the indices and resource stocks, BP down 2.7% 403.9

Following that advice I'm long again (5493 cash) :). The hedge didn't work out and I killed the pair after my initial long gains were wiped out. ftse has continued weak -65 so far today. A mind of its own indeed, but I'll still bank on it going strong with a hedge if we get back to below 5490.

sorry BJ... got stung mtself too

s'ok, DJ, I'm not stung yet - about flat on the net pair atm :)

Though I did notice after I read your post that we were still only 8 pts from where I said the low was.. and I am still in the trade myself...

Just got 30pts short on FTSE.

On another note...
It's kind of annoying but my broker charges an overnight spread on the FTSE of 6 pts, 1hr before opening of 2 pts and the normal 1pt during market hours.
This is a problem when overnight trades are left openas you either have to adjust your SL and lose more or sometimes get stopped out early, sometimes miss a limit fill etc.

I don't want to go DMA as I see no point in spending on data feeds, application feeds, + an acocuntant for tax calculations. Perhaps Interactive Brokers do something decent but I'd really prefer a SB broker that sticks close to the 1pt all the time. I know the real market only has 0.5 spreads but the overnight spread is not usually 6-7pts?!

Sidekicker - you could open a DMA account with Open Ecry. No data feed fees or application fees. You will have to declare any earnings at tax time, which can be complicated if you want to make it so. Also with FTSE, the smallest you can go is £10 per pt. Otherwise I think OEC are great.

The ES has 1332.75 written all over it, both as a swing low and as a 161.8% extension. That's another 100pts for the FTSE to 5350 ish.

hey, martin - how goes it

Hi Jon. It's raining on site and I am pricing up timber so I can sit in front of the computer and watch the action. As DJ said yesterday, bl**dy greeks! I think Greece is about to go out of the euro in a massive default. They won't get their 5 billion euros tomorrow, and that will be the beginning of the end game.

Hope you are doing well on the trading front. FTSE seems worse off than the Dow, which should help your spread trades.

We got a wicks and tails open in the US at 2:30pm which looks like it is just ending in a downtrend.