Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• succfail.jpg
    succfail.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 85
Nick, yeah, I'm just being flippant (pre-fomc boredom). As I said to fxmo earlier: "the 'common sense test' here would say that if this was in anyway credible, one would trade this in size and make 100k before lunch". A few people keep telling me there's useful stuff in that thread, but I'm struggling to find it...

Show us how it's done then. I'd honestly love to see it.

:LOL: ftse not keen to go south. traded real strong vs dow yesterday and same today. currently about +25 from open and dow -12

Wow, that's a day and a half. ftse up +106 and dow down - 87 over same period. That's ftse trading over +140 strong vs dow which follows yesterdays + 70 odd strong.

Can't wait for a short/long tomorrow as soon as that relative strength fades and may try tonight if dow starts moving up sharply without ftse following.

Maybe you should go back and check this thread for regular statements DowJones has posted showing sizeable profits.

If that's true then great, I wish he'd talk more trading and less smack, I honestly meant it when I told him show us how its done, that goes for anyone on here, I don't want to look at anyone's statements, I want to talk charts and ideas.

I've been pyramiding in on the ftse since 6880 every 10 points using guaranteed stops - with a (hopeful) view that ftse could breach 7k in the near term.

In my limited understanding if the word "patient" is removed in the FED statement then the USD will/should get stronger, and the S&P/DOW will/should/might drop given the increased noncompetitive of US companies with non-US earnings.

So crystal ball time. Given the steadfast nature of the ftse over the past few days when other markets have been topsy turvy in anticipation of the FED statement how would you handle these ftse trades? Would you bank now, hedge, or wait for the FED to have some sort of knock-on/f*ck-up effect on them?

FYI - At present I have 1 aggregated breakeven stop at 6910.

Wow, that's a day and a half. ftse up +106 and dow down - 87 over same period. That's ftse trading +140 strong vs dow which follows yesterdays + 70 odd strong.

Can't wait for a short/long tomorrow as soon as that relative strength fades and may try tonight if dow starts moving up sharply without ftse following.

I've noticed psaTrading going on about the growing gap between the US / Europe and how it must come back together. I dont buy into that, the fundamentals for the two are entirely different. QE has stopped in the US and interest rates are going up, QE has only just started in Europe and interest rates (yields) are still going down. The gap is only going to get bigger for a while IMO.

FTSE may be different as interest rates should start rising but once the yanks get the bit between their teeth theres no stopping them.

Dax

Wow, that's a day and a half. ftse up +106 and dow down - 87 over same period. That's ftse trading over +140 strong vs dow which follows yesterdays + 70 odd strong.

@barjon
I don't post trades here much anymore but I know you discuss Dax now and again.
Today was easier on the Dax with a good trend and the usual TA helps as per usual.
Not looking for a discussion guys -just commenting.

Attachments

• Dax.jpg
    Dax.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 129
f2calv

further to my post 63106 above it is very unusual for ftse to show such extreme strength relative to dow. It is likely, therefore, to redress the balance somewhat in the coming days. To do that it can hover about whilst dow plays catch up (in which case, if you favour long, the better bang for your buck will come fro dow trades) or fall at a faster pace than dow if the fomc meet send all south (in which case ftse shorts should give the better bang for your buck).

thx @barjon

I did read 63106 and didn't like what I read tbh... maybe I'm personally attached to the ftse and don't like the sound of nasty people shorting it :)

I quite acknowledge FTSE seems to play 'follow my leader' to the DOW, however given the "great" year US equities had last year - the FTSE didn't really follow suit now did it? It faffed around bumping up to the high 6800s for ages and never once broke through 6900? I was wondering/hoping if the divergence would continue and the FTSE would make up for some of it's lost time and power on through to 7k.

Thinking about it I've had a very good week so far, so given that I've got a stop at breakeven I think my updated plan is to go grab a beer and retreat to the sofa and whatever happens c'est la vie!

Kronie time :)

The Dow set up looks like a bounce on the news and then a major fall later.
But then again they've had all day with little volume to make it 'look' like that.

Thats how I plan to trade it anyway.

I can see under 17700 and at some point later a good chance to see 178**
Mine is less technical perhaps
We can still make money tho -)

I've noticed psaTrading going on about the growing gap between the US / Europe and how it must come back together. I dont buy into that, the fundamentals for the two are entirely different. QE has stopped in the US and interest rates are going up, QE has only just started in Europe and interest rates (yields) are still going down. The gap is only going to get bigger for a while IMO.

FTSE may be different as interest rates should start rising but once the yanks get the bit between their teeth theres no stopping them.

It's never been any different, postie, but the correlation has remained strong albeit that it may not snap back to "parity". Here's the cumulative difference this year ftse started off trading strong then a bit of back and forth, then US went mad and ftse traded weaker and weaker. Latterly its been redressing the balance somewhat.

Attachments

• difference.JPG
    difference.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 93
Down 50 points in 10 minutes.
Lets get rid of the longs first, then up to get rid of the shorts, then ...

.......................don't like the sound of nasty people shorting it :).........................

i'm not that nasty :). I'm not looking to short it because I necessarily think it'll go down, just that it'll trade weaker than dow - even if that means it goes up slower than dow does.

It's never been any different, postie, but the correlation has remained strong albeit that it may not snap back to "parity". Here's the cumulative difference this year ftse started off trading strong then a bit of back and forth, then US went mad and ftse traded weaker and weaker. Latterly its been redressing the balance somewhat.

Is that days on the x axis or other units?

Hope it works out well, thanks for sharing. (y)