Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Once again excellent analysis from Martin

much appreciated

waiting in anticipation for some decent action this afternoon,

Theres a downwards sloping flag formed on the price action from the open on the 19th be interesting to see how it plays out. text book says to the upside -

(im still feeling bullish i guess for some strange reason.....)

Thanks Chalky. I had to head out the door at 11:30 but I had a paper short at 5886 from the bounce off the 20 EMA, and my target was 72.0, half a point above the 71.5 I thought it might reach.

For those that didn't understand how I got the 71.5 target, you put the 23.6% level on the price that was previous support, which in this case was 82.0. Then you read where the 0% line falls, which was exactly 71.5. It's nice when things go as expected sometimes.

I don't have a clue where we go in the next hour, but I would be surprised if it went back down to 71.5 again.

Since the US cash market opened at 2:30pm we've had a kind of wicks and tails market. I scratched on what were two profitable trades before I realised. During that time the ES made a nice bounce off the 61.8% level, that helped with a short. I am out now waiting for this to calm down and form a couple of trend bars without wicks or tails.

nearly 4.00 PM and the ftse is down 4 pts

yet again stuck fast around 5900

quite frustrating this lack of direction.....

I dont think there can be any real traders left in the US.. it's all algos nowadays..

scalpers paradise though.. just short breaks of highs and buy breaks of lows..

gotta dash so closed off the pair with ftse +8 (for +8) and DOW -5 (for + 2.5), so covered initial ftse loss and then a bit

Watching the downwards sloping flag on the futs chart.

were close to the upper channel line be interesting to see the price action as it comes into play.

I am looking for a bounce off the 20 EMA on the 5mc which is around 5911 right now, and also where 50% retrace is.

I closed my shorts when the FESX hit its 20EMA and the FTSE and ES just stalled. Better safe than sorry.

Now looking for a retest of 5932.5. The ES hasn't retraced to 100% yet so it may make a move up and the FTSE stall at 32.5. We'll see in the next few minutes.

back to retest the down sloping flag

possible long entry area, dont like how quickly it sold off after the failure to re test 5930

Hmm

There could be a pin on the 4 hour chart. It doesn't finish until 1200, 35 minutes, but I'm taking notice of it because 4 hour ones can be good.