Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So yesterdays strong level taken out.

At least we have some fibs today to work with. But only just :)

I think your infamous 80 could be on the cards Dick.

hmm stopped out on that one - the overnight low at 84 muddys the water a bit

if that breaks will look to get short, will get longs back on if it looks stronger above 95 - 99

thoughts anyone?

hmm stopped out on that one - the overnight low at 84 muddys the water a bit

if that breaks will look to get short, will get longs back on if it looks stronger above 95 - 99

thoughts anyone?

Tricky one. Is this just a dip to buy?. Or are we going to give back a decent amount?.

Markets have been very unsure the last few weeks. The 8:15 5 min candle really messed me up this morning and stopped me being short for most of this rally this rally.

I don't think much of the low made last night. We was just getting dragged by the US.

dunno, chalky - ftse getting more reluctant to follow dow down so i think it might want to go back up a bit if dow'll let it.

So the dreaded 5891.5/92.0 became resistance at 9:55am. Will it get tested again? Or is this a one way day down? Looks like a one way day down to me with pull backs to the 10 EMA on the 5mc. Target is 75 = 127% fib ext.

Hi guys, hope you are all well... sorry for absence.. did I miss much :D

I have been short since Monday evening. not sure how much of a pull back we will get.. but am feeling a turn.. but just playing price action.

I think 5786 is in play today .. but would like to see it now print 5889/90 before coming down... that would confirm a bearish gartley on the five min charts

Hi guys, hope you are all well... sorry for absence.. did I miss much :D

I have been short since Monday evening. not sure how much of a pull back we will get.. but am feeling a turn.. but just playing price action.

I think 5786 is in play today .. but would like to see it now print 5889/90 before coming down... that would confirm a bearish gartley on the five min charts

sorry ... 5876 :-0

At last a lower low. I have targets of 5875 = 127% and 5871.5 which is a pivot and 0% if 82 is 23.6% (if that makes any sense to any of you).

Welcome back J. Thought you might have chucked it in. You are too good a trader to give up now. Good to have you back. Now all we need is dc to check in and tell us he's not still making tea and changing his granddaughters nappies, and we are a full band of merry men.

We get one way days about twice a month. When I say one way, it means the price heads in one direction for most of the morning session. Usually there is a pullback to 38% or 50% in about the first hour of trading, but after that price action slows down to a crawl. 5 minute candles are short in length, usually no more than 4 pts long.

For down days:

There are no pullbacks higher than the ubb (8 period) on the 5 min chat. Also look for bounces off the 20 EMA.

There usually are no higher swing highs on the 5 min chart

Every 30 to 60 minutes, it makes a new low, but not by a whole lot. 5 pts or so

Pullbacks to the 23.6% retracement or 20 EMA are good entry points for withtrend trades.

The one way day is most likely over when it puts in a higher high or you get past 12 noon when the US market is starting to wake up.

And finally, be prepared to wait a long time for your trades to reach their target. Take up knitting.

We get one way days about twice a month. When I say one way, it means the price heads in one direction for most of the morning session. Usually there is a pullback to 38% or 50% in about the first hour of trading, but after that price action slows down to a crawl. 5 minute candles are short in length, usually no more than 4 pts long.

For down days:

There are no pullbacks higher than the ubb (8 period) on the 5 min chat. Also look for bounces off the 20 EMA.

There usually are no higher swing highs on the 5 min chart

Every 30 to 60 minutes, it makes a new low, but not by a whole lot. 5 pts or so

Pullbacks to the 23.6% retracement or 20 EMA are good entry points for withtrend trades.

The one way day is most likely over when it puts in a higher high or you get past 12 noon when the US market is starting to wake up.

And finally, be prepared to wait a long time for your trades to reach their target. Take up knitting.

yes.. it is sooooooo slow, I have even taken up the acquaintance of Jenna Jameson :innocent: