Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Good work Postman (and nice arb trade earlier also).
Good to see someone else also caught this run-up in the Dax (we were in the same trade). Have fairly aggressively scalped the retracements in this move, total: +23 pts :)

Wait thats not possible its only 8.35, you CAN'T make 10 points in the first hour! :LOL:

Attachments

• FDAX 06-14 (150 Tick)  16_06_2014.jpg
    FDAX 06-14 (150 Tick) 16_06_2014.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 105
I think Daxy's arm is tired, she's not cracking the whip hard enough this morning.
Seriously struggling to keep the Germans on the march upwards.
above 9920 or below 9880 which way will it break.

I think Daxy's arm is tired, she's not cracking the whip hard enough this morning.
Seriously struggling to keep the Germans on the march upwards.
above 9920 or below 9880 which way will it break.

Shes in this range until Dow opens.

Dow is -55 from its close.
We haven't seen a 100 point gap open for a while. :whistling

I can see why Governments were getting upset about big business manipulating the markets. It was getting in the way of their manipulation of the markets. :whistling

Not a bad loser at all. :innocent:

Interesting article in the FT... Central Banks have been secretly buying equities leading to "overheated asset prices"... might explain a lot...

My mistake obviously.
It no longer called 'manipulation', its called 'investing'. :whistling

I cant believe Daxy has gone back to this '4 hours of narrowing range before breakout' rubbish again.
Not another 3 weeks of this surely.

Interesting article in the FT... Central Banks have been secretly buying equities leading to "overheated asset prices"... might explain a lot...

This means banks have underwritten the Bond markets, the UK has underwritten housing market loans, and the world is underwriting stock markets.
Borrow as much as you can at near zero interest and invest it, anywhere, this time next year we'll all be miw-yon-aires.

Reactions: 2be
I cant believe Daxy has gone back to this '4 hours of narrowing range before breakout' rubbish again.
Not another 3 weeks of this surely.
three weeks no, but 10 trading days maybe?:sleep:
If I am correct there might be an ABC corrective on daily, and these corrective structures are painfully slow to trade, even including intra day moves, which have a large proportion of small and indecisive moves, asking for larger SL. Trading this kind of PA is more demanding and PTs get smaller.
Until I see some more volatility I will not risk much either way.
Playing with smaller lots is ok, at least one would learn not to trade when certain conditions prevail.
Saying that, I wish best results to all of you!!!:)

We all need Oscar badly today to move these markets, hope he has not taken any holidays.

Last edited:
Yep - same thing's also happened in FX - totally distorted by CB policy. I don't see how this ends well...

Its a worldwide ponzi scheme.
Sell it to the bigger fool and dont get left holding anything when it all collapses. :rolleyes:

Yep - same thing's also happened in FX - totally distorted by CB policy. I don't see how this ends well...

It will not end up well, or it will end up well in total disaster.
When indices hit the inevitable downturn, the panic of selling might make it impossible to short them, as it already has happened few times in the past, (that has been done in order to protect customers and stabilise the market :LOL::LOL::LOL:)

Let me guess, they only buy shares in the last 30 minutes of trading. That would explain a lot. :rolleyes:
We are sorely missing a shaking head smiley here.

War in middle east, troop build ups on Russia / Ukraine border, Russians cut off Gas to Ukraine, Oil prices rocketing, Gold going up, volatility up.

Must be good for +200 points on the Dow. :whistling