Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dax is finishing the day with a small body doji printing a diamond on H1 and a Bearish Max Butterfly on H4. I wander if tomorrow we might see at least a retest of today's H in the morning session followed by the beginning of a bearish move in the afternoon. Dow looks bearish to me too, but the real move might come within the us session, thus allowing some time for dax to get the poss retest of today's H.

2Be thanks for all your thorough explanations..maybe I missed it along the way..but, what is the significance of dax level at 22:30CET? I think I have seen you mention it somewhere..

Is there correlation between Dax and FTSE ?
There is correlation on a smaller TF and some differences on a longer tfs.
All the indices move in some kind of correlation.
For delta count purposes the turning points and polarity of rotation are similar.
Hope it helps.

Maybe the Executive Chairman of the CME group (since 2006) should talk to traders that have been there for 30 years.

Mr TopStep @MrTopStep · 13m
02:29:21 PITBULL: 404 million in 6 hrs and then 250 mil shs in the last 30 minutes but there is no manipulation

Some buyers just buy at the close : funds .. etc .

2Be thanks for all your thorough explanations..maybe I missed it along the way..but, what is the significance of dax level at 22:30CET? I think I have seen you mention it somewhere..
I treat the close of the us session as if it is a close of the daily activity.
Us session is the last active period of global trading taking place, so I think that that close is very meaningful for all traded instruments.
I take the close price and subtract certain amount of pips and add certain amount of pips, thus creating "war zone", in some of my posted charts one can see some numbers displayed as US OPEN,(it should be Close)mid:000000/ Top:00000/ Bot:00000
I use this "war zone" in few ways, at times when H4 trend is obvious I will make market order to by at the top, and set pt of 20 - 50 pips, sometimes I also put market order to sell at the bottom, if against the trade I take only 15 - 30 pips profit.
Sl is set on the other side of this channel or in the middle.
For dax I currently use +/_10 pips, I sometime change that amount in accordance with ADR, usually something between 10 to 20 % of ADR.
In addition I also look at the close of dax at Frankfurt Close and sometimes I look at the PA of the real Dax , not just future of dax to see on which side of the "pit time " pa the future is travelling. That same would apply to Dow, S&P or FTSE.
I have this "war zone" displayed throughout the day, with the prices displayed in the in the box, but for orientation I can have the lines displayed for several days back, just to see how the PA played in relation to that zone. I have been using it for years, and find it helpful, for all instruments I trade including gold andf fx pairs( when the volatility was there). Often this zone is revisited with the price bouncing of it, like on Dax today. Also if there is a decisive move going through the whole zone I would not like to trade against it, and might close a trade or initiate a new trade. So there are some different ways I use it, depending on PA and the trend on H1, H4 and the Daily .
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Dentist, your 3640 is spot on in my book if it gets there….nearer term 3611 for swim or sink ….3595 is still mother if it falls.. so bearish (if there is such a thing) if we go below...

Maybe the Executive Chairman of the CME group (since 2006) should talk to traders that have been there for 30 years.

Mr TopStep @MrTopStep · 13m
02:29:21 PITBULL: 404 million in 6 hrs and then 250 mil shs in the last 30 minutes but there is no manipulation

we've had a fair rise since this appeared ....no smoke as they say :red_india

i have to say they don't usually buy the top but it will take time to for the smoke to clear

Attachments

• djvol.PNG
    djvol.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
What gap is that?

Hi.

Sorry, I didn't have the time to answer sooner.

Gap is created if price opens on a different level than it closes on the previous day. This is mostly the quality of indexes (or indices if you please). In DAX's case, the gap is closed (PA moves in a way to "close" the gap) in about 70% of cases in the same day, but sometimes it goes violently away from it. Nevertheless, you'll see price go against gap close about 200-500 pips before it closes it.

You can see in attached picture that gap serves as mentioned as significant support or resistance level. It did so today as so many times before. So, break of gap in first trading hours is a significant indication of future PA. As well as bounce of course.

Note though, that some brokers will not show you gap as they switch after real trading hours to MM prices (MM stands for market maker). In that time the price of index will only be simmilar, but not exact from broker to broker. But funny enough, closer you get to official market open, the less gap you normally get. And sure enough... to prevent traders from earning, spread outside official trading hours widens significantly. Still it's worth mentioning that DAX opens 1 hour prior to London. It's sometimes fairly easy to take some pips in that 1 hour.

BR

Attachments

• DAX-gap.jpg
    DAX-gap.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: 2be
The Dax and FTSE open at the same time, 9am CET or 8am BST.

Actually, no they don't. Depends on your broker, which instrument exactly and at which time if provides the data feed to you, but in reality, DAX (Frankfurt) stock exchange opens 1 hour sooner.

BR

Yes... abstract from your link:

The Eurex, a European electronic futures and options exchange based in Zurich, Switzerland with a subsidiary in Frankfurt, Germany, offers options (ODAX) and Futures (FDAX) on the DAX from 08:00 to 22:00 CET.

Like I said... depends WHICH DAX, WHICH data feed, broker preference, etc. My broker heavily depends on Eurex and what I stated works for me. No pressure to follow... :)

BR

Last edited:
Actually, no they don't. Depends on your broker, which instrument exactly and at which time if provides the data feed to you, but in reality, DAX (Frankfurt) stock exchange opens 1 hour sooner.

BR

That's what I've always thought, too.

BR

Deutsche boerse opens 8 AM with LSE not 7 , however Dax futures is available from 7 AM . And FTSE futures is available whole night from 1:00-21:00 . I'm talking about exchange contracts not cfds .