Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Pretty new. Been doing demo's for 5 months and had a teacher who does day trading (spread betting) show me what he does. Done ALOT of research online etc. Got my live account but still doing trades on my demo to make sure i stick to the discipline.

how did u perform with demo?

oscar just posted a video which basically said that if the dow does not show some strength up to the close there will be some downside coming for a few days

One of the components of the ESI, the 34-day BTI is still declining while the
second component is rising. This divergence will come to an end when the two indicators
points in the same direction. Until then I can't say with a high degree of certainty
if sentiment is bullish or bearish. Given the alternate wave count on the chart
below, I expect sentiment to turn bullish sometime in the next few days.

The reason why I think sentiment is more likely to turn bullish is because if we
look at what caused the decline ten days ago, disappointing earnings reports, Ukraine
crisis and China's slowdown, nothing has changed except that earnings reports have
improved. Investors no longer fear the events in Ukraine or the slowdown in China.
Obviously this could change if Russia invades Ukraine, but if the situation does
not deteriorate further the market will take it as good news. In the case of China
the latest Chinese manufacturing PMI came in at 48.3 which indicates contraction.
The strategy in the short term is to use any significant pull back to go long.

Because the FTSE rallied back to the previous high set on 4 April we have an alternate
wave count on the chart above. It now appears that the FTSE could be in a triangle
pattern where the resistance line drawn from the high on 4 April is the upper line
of an ascending triangle [(a),(b),(c),(d),(e)]. This pattern is bullish but it
won't be complete until further consolidation takes place.

In the case of an ascending triangle for wave B (circle), yesterday's high is the
top of wave (b) and today the FTSE should decline as wave (c) down unfolds. A target
for wave (c) is 6550. As you can see after wave (c) the FTSE should rally back
to the top and then down again so it looks like the FTSE will go sideways until
next week. This triangle is wave B (circle) of an upward corrective wave [A,B,C
(circle)], this means once the triangle is complete, the FTSE should rally to
the 6800 area to complete wave C (circle). This is why I expect sentiment to turn
bullish, large counter trend rallies are often accompanied by bullish sentiment.

To learn more about sentiment watch the video: Direct from the Queen Elizabeth Conference
Centre a video featuring a UK Investor Show 2014 presentation by Thierry Laduguie
on Sentiment Indicators. [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001m-Os...xkU7-F_x0NqE1-KTzIKBOPeLkydv4RGErXoqCqsSXA==]

To receive regular FTSE 100 analysis and trading alerts click:

So that's ------------, SD and me around zero'ish............

Just edited Postman out..........lol

Last edited: