Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

good morning everyone

not much backlash from ukraine shooting

6530 = dow cash close

Last edited:
Tech insiders dumped shares ahead of slide

Insiders at some of the hottest private and publicly traded internet companies unloaded substantial personal stakes ahead of the slump in tech stocks that started at the beginning of March.

The selling has stirred unease among some investors, who see the sales as opportunistic moves revealing a lack of confidence in their companies' stock prices as shares in the fastest-growing internet companies soared in 2013.

Selling by founders and other insiders at private companies – taking advantage of a bubble in valuations in start-ups thought to be close to launching an initial public offering – raises some of the biggest concerns, according to investors. .....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101580002

Dom nervy

Fears of tech overvaluation and the worsening situation in Ukraine are weighing heavily on risky assets as we start the new week. From a charting perspective, there is certainly scope for more downside in the near term, as the indices have yet to reach the sort of beaten up levels where they have typically bottomed out in the course of this bull market. I do still believe that the current sell-off will give way to another significant buying opportunity. For now, though, further losses await and I would happily short the end of an intraday rally.

I had thought the DAX might bounce from Friday’s oversold levels before heading down below 9300. In the event, it has merely done the latter. It remains stubbornly oversold on its fourhourly chart, so I reckon a snapback rally could be in order. If it failed around the 21-EMA, I’d use it to go short.

DAY: I’d short a rally failing around the 21-EMA.

POSITION: Nothing for now.

FTSE 100

The FTSE 100 is looking riper for some sort of relief-rally, if only to around its fourhourly EMAs. Were it to halt around there, we could well see a decline to the 6400 region or so, where previous sell-offs have ended.

DAY: I’d sell another sharp decline back below the 13-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Close any remaining longs for now.

S&P 500

The S&P is very oversold on its intraday chart, but not on its daily chart. This suggests scope for an intraday rebound, followed by further downside. Going by last week’s action, a rebound could be quite impressive, perhaps taking it up to the 21-fourhourly EMA. Beyond there, 1794 beckons as a target.

DAY: Close any remaining longs for now.

closed my longs off this morning jessie.there is some downside coming will go long further down if we don't rally med term taget still 6600

Dom nervy

Fears of tech overvaluation and the worsening situation in Ukraine are weighing heavily on risky assets as we start the new week. From a charting perspective, there is certainly scope for more downside in the near term, as the indices have yet to reach the sort of beaten up levels where they have typically bottomed out in the course of this bull market. I do still believe that the current sell-off will give way to another significant buying opportunity. For now, though, further losses await and I would happily short the end of an intraday rally.

Good market wrap.

if see some acceptance below 6500 on ftse, I believe we're in for further move down to 6400. I think it's only time personally now before this happens.

Current position in market. Flat

closed my longs off this morning jessie.there is some downside coming will go long further down if we don't rally med term taget still 6600

Jeffre , I think all major indices DOW, S&P, DAX and FTSE coming to a major support line..... in case of S&P ... primary cycle's channel bottom...

That means we can see bounce back from there and that will be the time to go long... From DOW point of view it would be 15800 (+- 50)

Its worth mentioning that if support line is broken then that would be a bearish signal....

Jeffre , I think all major indices DOW, S&P, DAX and FTSE coming to a major support line..... in case of S&P ... primary cycle's channel bottom...

That means we can see bounce back from there and that will be the time to go long... From DOW point of view it would be 15800 (+- 50)

nice turn around on dax, finally filled that gap from Friday close at 9315

Dax so far from open up +30, down -60, up +100

FTSE similar story, up +30, down -50, up +70

WTF! lol

Last edited: