Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

this is exactly the kind of algo activity that should be scrutinized by the authorities... scandalous..

well if it looks like a top acts like top and smells like a top, its my guess that's what it is

I'll worry about why later

watch out for a back test

DC, if we are entering a SS month 9th Dec... Under the Taylor rules done we need to put in a higher high than we got in the Sell month?

yes but that needs to come after monday and my preference is thursday and a slow day friday

DC.. apologies for stupid comment above... this only applies of course if we are in a uptrend.. if we are in a down trend then the Sell month should NOT make a high above the Buy month

I would have thought just short of 5700 should do it though?? (take out stops just above trend line..

that would be where I expect it although FTSE has yet to give target As it stands Im happy to play the uptrend even though last month when no upper targets were produced I was a little uneasy

do you think the 5444 today though?

or could do it tomorrow morning
The dow has given a new weekly target 12305 but has to hit bare minimum 12032 first FTSE still has 5642 which is doable by monday from 5442 a close around the 5489 area would be on the money with perhapse a 471 first

A quick question for FTSE futures traders - when the market is closed overnight, would you employ a spread bet/cfd (ie synthetic) facility? You might see overnight entries/exits which have vanished when LIFFE reopens. Or, given the high correlation, would you (say) use Dow or SP futures as a proxy?

A quick question for FTSE futures traders - when the market is closed overnight, would you employ a spread bet/cfd (ie synthetic) facility? You might see overnight entries/exits which have vanished when LIFFE reopens. Or, given the high correlation, would you (say) use Dow or SP futures as a proxy?

its not closed for all that long these days

as a matter of interest can you recall a change of trend which ocurred overnight ?

minimum FTSE needs to do is a 481 so limits placed 481 to 471 just incase of spike and Im guessing that where most will be putting stops right now

its not closed for all that long these days

as a matter of interest can you recall a change of trend which ocurred overnight ?

Yes, scratch that. I'm well out of date - I thought Z still opened at 8!

I don't see any major trend changes recently, although the odd 50 point swing originates in the Asian session.

Thanks.

Well, as I said, my margin requirement is a bit close, so I'm out while it's deciding what to do. I made 7 points on that trade. At one time it was 24. Just shows you what happens when you let the market take your profits.