Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Its the same story as the past few days.. ensure cash market doesnt look to weak , keep it above 5500, then do want you want in the futures after 4.30 and early hours

I'm getting tired. I'm putting a stop at 5509.2 and going for a walk. I wish you all the vrery best in what you are doing.

dow limits in at 49 and 35

will then wait for signal to reshort or go long

..........barjon - your question re volume and the 8:30am, 9am, 10am turns. There is an increase in volume around those times but it is difficult to decide if it is because of the timing or because it just reverses anyway and people change their positions..........

Thanks, Martin. Not bad places to expect some action then, one way or the other.

jon

Haven't gone yet, I'm getting changed, but I see that I'm stopped. That just leaves you lot against the market! :D

Thanks, Martin. Not bad places to expect some action then, one way or the other.

jon

Jon, quite often give or take 5 minutes your times are spot on. From my research 60% of the time there is a reversal in the first 15 minutes of the day, and 80% in the first 35 minutes of the day. As the morning progresses, most trends last around an hour, and usually are a minimum of 30 minutes

I thought that happened over the weekend

but memory aint what it used to be

having looked back on my chart, it didnt have any effect on the existing trend

It happened on a sunday as soon as globex opened it went wild trend remained the same though

that would be where I expect it although FTSE has yet to give target As it stands Im happy to play the uptrend even though last month when no upper targets were produced I was a little uneasy

What do you use to decide what the upper / lower targets are DC?

just have a couple of little orders Im leaving in a buy @035 and a sel@132

Jon, quite often give or take 5 minutes your times are spot on. From my research 60% of the time there is a reversal in the first 15 minutes of the day, and 80% in the first 35 minutes of the day. As the morning progresses, most trends last around an hour, and usually are a minimum of 30 minutes

Thanks again, Martin. Does your research go to 3pm (DOW half an hour in) as well, or are you mainly interested in ftse morning?

jon

well I have put 2 lots in at 5467 buy. ... so gonna leave this and try to have the patience of a swinger.....