Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I would be surprised if S&P comments are not already in the price

so I am looking for a resumption of uptrend by end of day

nevertheless, interesting spike tops on the dailies

Interersting re BarJon's 8.30 reversal

Even if it isn't a complete reversal there is plenty of scalping opportunity

f

yeah enough for me to have exited long - will re-enter maybe (not protecting this one)

Interersting re BarJon's 8.30 reversal

Even if it isn't a complete reversal there is plenty of scalping opportunity

f

Yes i'm going to keep an eye on those. The FTSE closed its cash gap and stopped at 8:30. No data release at 9am so will watch and see.

Another morning from the twilight zone. Nice run up from the open off a 161.8% extension. Nice volume until 8:31 am and then the volume drops off with the high and we are in the land of going nowhere. Sitting on thumbs again, awaiting a shining light.

DY

If I may how do you come to the 5491 target

There are plenty of stops on the way there so just wondering why you have that one as a target

f

it is the least ehy will do if they break yesterdays's low.. however.. if we break with real conviction , then I might wait for 5471

DJ, I think that if it gets to 5471 it will go much lower.

Me? I don't know, yet, but you seem to be an ambitious young chap, I'll stay with you for a while!

thanks BJ.. have to admit at being a tad worried about it hitting my target as you do get the impression this market wants to hold the highs until Friday

aye - I still with the hedged long (which is costing me the equivalent of 3 ftse points atm)

It's waiting for the GDP data at 10am, which should be 0.2%, but there might be a surprise. We just bounced of the 50% retracement at 5542.5. It should retest the high, but with volume dropping again, we may just range for the rest of the morning.