Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Wtf no way mate, I'm seeing the order book right here in front of me.

FDAXH14 low of the day at Eurex is 9694 !

Wtf no way mate, I'm seeing the order book right here in front of me.

FDAXH14 low of the day at Eurex is 9694 !

I was seeing a low of 87 on Dax at the time of the post. Are we confusing Cash / Futures prices by any chance.

Ahh ok postman now I get it, being a bit dense this early in the day haha.

PS no offense to the guy who said he went at 90 then, my bad.

Just make sure they don't rip you off with wrong numbers there on those spreadbetting accounts, I'd always recommend futures !

Last edited:
Ok sorry there Mac, just watch out they don't rip you off.

Good trading anyway !!!

Ok sorry there Mac, just watch out they don't rip you off.

Good trading anyway !!!

I assumed everyone uses them, what are you using if you dont mind me asking and how is it different to spread betting, still new to all this

Just make sure they don't rip you off with wrong numbers there on those spreadbetting accounts, I'd always recommend futures !

Yes I have posted my displeasure in the past at certain price levels quoted. You just have to think of it as a 'wider than advertised' spread, or have more than one account and chose the less thieving b@stard at the time. :LOL:

Dom today

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
22 January 2014

EUROPEAN OVERVIEW

In an odd reversal of fortunes, the FTSE is looking like the sexiest of the indices that I follow for now. In recent months, and indeed for much of the bull market since 2009, it has been much less appealing than both the DAX and S&P. Now, though, it is showing resilience up at high levels and seems set to extend its recent run of gains. New all-time highs above 7000 will likely be seen before long, in my view.

Elsewhere, I read that gold analysts are the most bearish than they’ve been in more than a decade (http://on.ft.com/1im384r). I am with them for the meantime, and reckon we might see a drop well below $1200 in the course of 2014. Further out, I am among the more bullish of the bulls, but that’s a story for another day.
Today's Market Focus
Sterling strengthens
Sterling strengthens

GBPUSD’s 21-fourhourly EMA has now crossed back above its 55-EMA, which shifts the focus back to the upside. The buying yesterday was convincing, too. I am therefore on the lookout for gains to around $1.66000.

DAY: I’d buy a bounce off current levels ($1.6477)

POSITION: Nothing for now.

SUPPORT RESISTANCE
$1.6443 $1.6625
$1.6341 $1.6600
$1.6297 $1.6579
$1.6255 $1.6481

7000 looked possible a week ago. I still think 6950 may be possible. But from Cyclic study point of view, time is running out.

One logic is that, almost all major indices have made all time high except FTSE, now when that was happening FTSE was sleeping. Now she needs to catch-up. While others take a nap.

You see DOW, S&P no longer making new high but FTSE approaching every week.

The best time for correction or crash in my view is Q1 between Jan-April. I expected Jan down because Jan is 59th Month from 2009. Next important date for shock is 3rd Feb then in March and last date probably for crash is 20th April based on universal natural law :)

I don't know what is the basis of his prediction? whether he is considering Market Cycle. He has not given any timeframe when FTSE will go 7000? it may be that some time in December 2014 FTSE will touch 7000??? :innocent:

Hi Mac, Postman, I'm on tradestation.com, but thinking of moving to a direct access European broker because of account protection, so I can have a Euro account etc, but otherwise quite happy with TS. There are some issues, but I'll start a seperate thread about that.

Just for fun I looked at CFD numbers from several brokers - similar to spreadbetting I suppose - and the discrepancy between them and the real contract was really at times absolutely mindboggling !!!

What holds true for spot FX in the article below hold true for EVERY instrument traded over the counter, ie where you don't have exchange guaranteed numbers that are exactly the same for all market participants your broker is going to rip you off.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...rig-currency-rates-to-profit-off-clients.html

Lets assume the following, FDAX at Eurex has now printed a low of 9683. If I'd be long somewhere now I'd put my stop below that.

Trading on Eurex I'll know that that low if broken is going to mean sthg.

But if a spreadbetter had a low at say 9670, where will I put my stop ?

How can I trade breakouts if I don't know the real levels ?

How can I get price action to work, if the price is so heavily manipulated ?

And of course they're showing false prices for a reason, it's not to make the custiomers happy is it ?

;)

15787a.jpg

Last edited:
7000 looked possible a week ago. I still think 6950 may be possible. But from Cyclic study point of view, time is running out.

One logic is that, almost all major indices have made all time high except FTSE, now when that was happening FTSE was sleeping. Now she needs to catch-up. While others take a nap.

You see DOW, S&P no longer making new high but FTSE approaching every week.

The best time for correction or crash in my view is Q1 between Jan-April. I expected Jan down because Jan is 59th Month from 2009. Next important date for shock is 3rd Feb then in March and last date probably for crash is 20th April based on universal natural law :)

I don't know what is the basis of his prediction? whether he is considering Market Cycle. He has not given any timeframe when FTSE will go 7000? it may be that some time in December 2014 FTSE will touch 7000??? :innocent:

He is very much into market cycles etc.. I will look up old archive and see what I can find out.

He is very much into market cycles etc.. I will look up old archive and see what I can find out.

That would be great...

The important Cycles are 30 years, 20 years, 10 years and 5 years etc

Now some people take 18.7 etc instead of 20....

now the smaller cycle runs within larger ones and larger one takes Precedence.

Starting from 1927 when 30 year cycle completed, it seems we are at the end of 20 year and 5 year cycle together... I have that excel sheet at home.... don't remember but 2014 is important for sure.

Hi Mac, Postman, I'm on tradestation.com, but thinking of moving to a direct access European broker because of account protection, so I can have a Euro account etc, but otherwise quite happy with TS. There are some issues, but I'll start a seperate thread about that.

Just for fun I looked at CFD numbers from several brokers - similar to spreadbetting I suppose - and the discrepancy between them and the real contract was really at times absolutely mindboggling !!!

What holds true for spot FX in the article below hold true for EVERY instrument traded over the counter, ie where you don't have exchange guaranteed numbers that are exactly the same for all market participants your broker is going to rip you off.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...rig-currency-rates-to-profit-off-clients.html

Lets assume the following, FDAX at Eurex has now printed a low of 9683. If I'd be long somewhere now I'd put my stop below that.

Trading on Eurex I'll know that that low if broken is going to mean sthg.

But if a spreadbetter had a low at say 9670, where will I put my stop ?

How can I trade breakouts if I don't know the real levels ?

How can I get price action to work, if the price is so heavily manipulated ?

And of course they're showing false prices for a reason, it's not to make the custiomers happy is it ?

;)

15787a.jpg

Wow thats crazy Im on IG spread betting and never thought the pricing could manipulated like that, I think people use spread betting mostly because it cheaper to trade with, well I do any way

There is a simple antidote to the poor service by some spread betting companies.

We had mutual societies for banking, the building societies why not form mutual society for spread betting, the whole spread betting industry would disappear overnight. simple

The Spread Betting Cooperative.

Reactions: BSD
There is a simple antidote to the poor service by some spread betting companies.

We had mutual societies for banking, the building societies why not form mutual society for spread betting, the whole spread betting industry would disappear overnight. simple

The Spread Betting Cooperative.

What we need is a peer to peer system I'm long your short and a system 'matches' the trade