Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• FTSE_14Nov.jpg
    FTSE_14Nov.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
third hour flat, too. Eight minutes to the end of the fourth hour and it doesn't look good - the little man is pumping hard to get air into my diving suit as I explore the deep.

...traded -17 weak in fourth hour, glug, glug, glug

In the morning there were 94 stocks UP 6 Down, Now 75 stocks Up 24 Down in FTSE 100

So you can see whats going on ( UP is still strong but getting weaker)

just had a power cut :-0 fifth hour +13 strong - phew, in the shallows again

no holding the damn dow - ftse being dragged up kicking and screaming all the way. Sixth hour -15 weak and getting weaker. glug, glug again

how come not much interest from ideas by anton kreil re trading like a hedge fund?

It made a lot of sense. The only thing I took issue with was the idea of turning 10,000 into 1 million (insert your currency of choice) by using compound interest and making 2% per month over 7 years.
Its a bit like saying the way to get rich is to buy low and sell high, sounds simple but its bloody difficult to do consistently.

He also neglects to explain that you have to invest your ENTIRE sum every time in order to make that 2%.
Now when your making 2% on 10,000 thats a bit easier than making 2% on 950,000.
Plus ANY black swan event in the 7 year period will wipe everything out.
So it aint all that easy. ;)
Discuss...

It made a lot of sense. The only thing I took issue with was the idea of turning 10,000 into 1 million (insert your currency of choice) by using compound interest and making 2% per month over 7 years.
Its a bit like saying the way to get rich is to buy low and sell high, sounds simple but its bloody difficult to do consistently.

He also neglects to explain that you have to invest your ENTIRE sum every time in order to make that 2%.
Discuss...

Blimey, postie, haven't you reading all the rags to riches threads on here. It's dead easy :LOL::LOL:

Discuss...

the black swan would have benefited a positive choice portfolio of long shorts.

hedge funds incorporate the theories of Fama French Five Factor Model . I have done some research into this. for instance small stocks outperform big stocks over time, so you could be short/long ftse100/ftse 250, and short/long ftse small cap/ftse fledgling

if u chart this it is very consistent.

also value outperforms growth over time. u can check this and see it is correct.