Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I do agree with the FTSE Dax idea even if Goldman say so too.

Would that be this Jeff Saut.
S&P 500 Still Has “an Appointment Below 1,600"
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/p-500-still-appointment-below-1-600-says-125225156.html

do I say this chap is 100% accurate? nope but he has a decent handle on whats happening in the equity markets.

your "“an Appointment Below 1,600" does not do justice to everything he said. he was bullish but saying that we need to correct. 1850 was his target and his pivot was 1684, also his call for july 19 as a place where market lost its energy was spot on. the market did correct but not as far as he expected. correction on the way to 1850, great analysis as good a Oscar Carboni

Your right SD Oscar is Awesome. Anyone who can get it wrong as often as him and still get people to pay him to teach them is the very definition of Awesome in my book. ;)

I think he is awesome, I learnt a lot from watching his videos

Oh dear - those Yanks. Less people employed than expected and those people who are employed are earning less than expected. And that's Good news for traders.... :rolleyes:

do I say this chap is 100% accurate? nope but he has a decent handle on whats happening in the equity markets.

your "“an Appointment Below 1,600" does not do justice to everything he said. he was bullish but saying that we need to correct. 1850 was his target and his pivot was 1684, also his call for july 19 as a place where market lost its energy was spot on. the market did correct but not as far as he expected. correction on the way to 1850, great analysis as good a Oscar Carboni

No your right - I didnt do any detailed analysis on him. I just googled his name and that was the first article that came up. But isnt it always the same - your only as good as your last trade.

You put so much good stuff on this thread and yet you still cling to Oscar. I think you do it just to wind me up. :LOL:

me wind up a Radio 4 listener? never

greenspan used to be in a forecasting firm and said that it was hard forecasting because you never knew when people would become fearful and exactly how they react when they become fearful

I am not winding you up just giving honest praise to those who I have learnt from and who share their knowledge freely.

:)

Last edited:
I bet (sic) that there are people out there now shorting the FTSE and Dax on the basis its gone to high to fast.
http://www.investopedia.com/university/behavioral_finance/behavioral7.asp
Gambler's Fallacy In Investing
It's not hard to imagine that under certain circumstances, investors or traders can easily fall prey to the gambler's fallacy. For example, some investors believe that they should liquidate a position after it has gone up in a series of subsequent trading sessions because they don't believe that the position is likely to continue going up. Conversely, other investors might hold on to a stock that has fallen in multiple sessions because they view further declines as "improbable". Just because a stock has gone up on six consecutive trading sessions does not mean that it is less likely to go up on during the next session.

I bet (sic) that there are people out there now shorting the FTSE and Dax on the basis its gone to high to fast.
http://www.investopedia.com/university/behavioral_finance/behavioral7.asp
Gambler's Fallacy In Investing
It's not hard to imagine that under certain circumstances, investors or traders can easily fall prey to the gambler's fallacy. For example, some investors believe that they should liquidate a position after it has gone up in a series of subsequent trading sessions because they don't believe that the position is likely to continue going up. Conversely, other investors might hold on to a stock that has fallen in multiple sessions because they view further declines as "improbable". Just because a stock has gone up on six consecutive trading sessions does not mean that it is less likely to go up on during the next session.

I just analyse the market and see what it is telling me, it is 100% bullish

8940 close on the Dax and then some pullback tomorrow...

china on the mend, remember what saut said about machinery wearing out and capex cycle, Dax is uber capex

bit late but, dow buy/sell was 408/377

from 408 would be looking for 540 that that looks too rich given low volatility recently.

Last edited: