Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Intertrader has 6701.
Looks like were going down this week and they wanted to clear out a load of shorts.
It happens every now and then. If they think they are going to lose a lot of money they can just arrange for the price to go up or down almost at will. Ring them up and ask them why it happened, I'd love to hear their excuse. Sorry if you lost money.

Thanks Postman

No money lost, was short but wide stop. I often place a short with a wide stop over weekend and also a limit of say 40 points with the hope of catching a down spike.

Ian

I'd be really interested if there was any fundamental reason for the move in the FTSE - there's no news that I can find. I'm short FTSE atm.

Good morning all

FTSE futures on IG hit 6681 at 1:00 AM, a rise of nearly 50 points in a minute whilst most indices were virtually unchanged. Where on earth could this have come from?

Ian

There was a spike in Hong Kong.
FTSE spike seems out of whack to Hong Kong.

Would have been some headline.
Not 100% sure, but there was someone talking in China.

Morning All

morning bustech

asx200 doing very well for bulls

Clifford bennett vindicated again

Hi SD

Coming into bank reporting season, so it's buy the dips on the ASX200 up to the reports.

Clifford Bennett big caller, seems to be doing okay.

Will take note when/if he goes bearish.

wonder if ftse can hit overnight spike high 6701ish roughly dow +120

the implied vol from friday ftse option expiry gives an ftse contract range of about 160pts. ftse contract high if the low is in should 6760ish

what did u pick up bustech

No loosing trades, that style of trading has some trades that pass at B/E or small loses.

And that style of trading requires focus and consternation and not posting every 5 mins on some forum.

Also Postman said that he done more than more than 2 trades a day/session.

Once Peter Boyles and Manrkmc27 got him, it was death by a 1,000 swords.

What sucked me he posted on this thread and the video thread.

Must mean he is a great trader.:LOL:

No loosing trades, that style of trading has some trades that pass at B/E or small loses.

And that style of trading requires focus and consternation and not posting every 5 mins on some forum.

Once Peter Boyles and Manrkmc27 got him, it was death by a 1,000 swords.

What sucked me he posted on this thread and the video thread.

Must mean he is a great trader.:LOL:

i was taken in by his first great call, calling the low in dow 14,726 just 7pts above the actual low. was amazed

Yes I did notice several inconsistencies in his posts. But I have to say I was taken in early on. I even sent him a PM suggested he set up a private thread with invited members only. :eek:
I posted on his thread
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...mi-serious-dax30-daytader-69.html#post2206064
And just to be clear when I say he posted real values I mean the Dax / Dow actually traded at those levels on that day.
As Atilla says "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it".

35 point in hours range on the dax, 28 on the FTSE. :sleep:

Anyone fancy a game of Monopoly to while a way the hours.... :whistling

35 point in hours range on the dax, 28 on the FTSE. :sleep:

Anyone fancy a game of Monopoly to while a way the hours.... :whistling

hehe

i think we should start trading from 2pm onwards,

ftse just catches up with dow then aimlessly wanders. FTSE range is 25pts since 8am, VIX ftse is very low.

US vix 13.04 . tired bull waits