Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Its been going up in a tight channel all day and not even the fall on the Dow at the open could halt it.
8854 is the mandatory 50 point range SD. I think it will go higher after the close we will see.

Good old reliable Dax. :love:

very good

dax very small range today

with the dow i have lost the plot. i do not even think it knows itself to go up or down

Dax hit the magic 50 points at 4.15 today and went up after hours. If only I knew that was going to happen earlier. ;)

I'm long Dow - sshhhh!

Dax hit the magic 50 points at 4.15 today and went up after hours. If only I knew that was going to happen earlier. ;)

I'm long Dow - sshhhh!

sp500cash chart 6 months is a thing of beauty looks like going parabolic

good luck with dow.

dow return of the congestion/digestion day?

Last edited:
Are you using Elliot Wave postman

No, I'm using my eyes and a tick chart.
I reference 1 minute, Hourly and daily charts plus some moving averages. But nothing comes close to sitting in front of the screen for 10 hours a day and getting a 'feel' for the market.
I'm trying to tame the beast that is the Dow :whistling the Dax is much more predictable but not as much fun ;)
I feel the Dow is about to dip below 380 soon (its happening as I'm typing) then later in the evening hit 15428. The last half hour is plain madness. :LOL:

I really dont think the Dowboys are going to give up all this weeks gains tonight - the Dax and FTSE close lends support to that. Plus the stress involved in keeping your long positions open to the very last minute is too much for most people (me included last night) so they just keep ratcheting up the tension.

IBM still going down and Dow inching up.
Imagine what it would be doing if people started short covering into the weekend ???

No, I'm using my eyes and a tick chart.
I reference 1 minute, Hourly and daily charts plus some moving averages. But nothing comes close to sitting in front of the screen for 10 hours a day and getting a 'feel' for the market.
I'm trying to tame the beast that is the Dow :whistling the Dax is much more predictable but not as much fun ;)
I feel the Dow is about to dip below 380 soon (its happening as I'm typing) then later in the evening hit 15428. The last half hour is plain madness. :LOL:

I like the tick chart myself, as well as the 2.5 range bars for the DAX

If the Dow goes below 374 its trouble. If 380 holds for 15 minutes its a long opportunity ;)

I'm long Dow - sshhhh!

I opened this at 368 and closed it at 396 just now.
It is late in the day on Friday and I've done enough for the week.
Have fun. See you back on Sunday night / Monday morning. (y)

It is tempting to say things along the lines of "If a trader cant explain or quantify the risks involved in a product he is buying / selling then he shouldn't trade it".
However I liken that to saying "If you cant explain how an internal combustion engine works you shouldn't drive a car".
A simpler solution is get rid of 'too big to fail'. Tell banks if they deal in derivatives and get it spectacularly wrong then the company folds and if necessary someone goes to jail. Then the directors might take a bit more interest in what their traders are doing.

Good morning all

FTSE futures on IG hit 6681 at 1:00 AM, a rise of nearly 50 points in a minute whilst most indices were virtually unchanged. Where on earth could this have come from?

Ian

Intertrader has 6701.
Looks like were going down this week and they wanted to clear out a load of shorts.
It happens every now and then. If they think they are going to lose a lot of money they can just arrange for the price to go up or down almost at will. Ring them up and ask them why it happened, I'd love to hear their excuse. Sorry if you lost money.