Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I was not thinking of the after hours readings. That must be when the Footsie reached 6350 on Aug 22, much the same as it has gone lower, now, because SD's low of 6380 odd, I think it was, is way too different to be an SB chasing out long stops.

I was not thinking of the after hours readings. That must be when the Footsie reached 6350 on Aug 22, much the same as it has gone lower, now, because SD's low of 6380 odd, I think it was, is way too different to be an SB chasing out long stops.

the after hours ftse can be out by 36pts, I believe that out of hours the ftse tends to track sp500. this used to be the case.

SB prices should be ignored when analysing the ftse or even the dow. according to sb ftse at 365 is 15 pts above making a double bottom, which is obviously false. the way to use the out of hours spike is to leave buy orders way below ftse cash close. so as they spike out weak longs u get the upside

the after hours ftse can be out by 36pts, I believe that out of hours the ftse tends to track sp500. this used to be the case.

SB prices should be ignored when analysing the ftse or even the dow. according to sb ftse at 365 is 15 pts above making a double bottom, which is obviously false. the way to use the out of hours spike is to leave buy orders way below ftse cash close. so as they spike out weak longs u get the upside

Will do---and thanks. If you had not mentioned that low and Footsie had not gone down there, I would not have noticed. The daily chart is the only one that goes back more than a month, with Fins,, so I tend not to pay close attention to the readings on that one.

Will do---and thanks. If you had not mentioned that low and Footsie had not gone down there, I would not have noticed. The daily chart is the only one that goes back more than a month, with Fins,, so I tend not to pay close attention to the readings on that one.

any time Splitlink glad I could help

yahoo finance and google finance charts are ok also,

:LOL:

think the market assumes that the debt prb will be solved, and the bounce will be weak. think markets are doing their weak into oct/nov act, mid nov will be time to put on heavy longs to run into summer 2014

i am thinking of buying the 840 put on ig daily options. is good value when you have high prob target.

the daily 840 put had low price os 2.4 and went up to 18 so far, loks safer way to trade the 911 short,. since u cannot be whipsawed out because dow is hesitant to leave 5% correction level.

its gone from 2.4 to 18 before the dow has actually got within 20pts of it

I could also sell the upside equivalent to finance the purchase of the 840put

that put which cost 2.4 is now 50+

But did you buy 100 of them ?

nope i did not.

it must be 60+ in future i can place this trade cost free. because i will sell the 961call for about 3 and use the 3 to buy the 840put.

to protect my risk on the naked call i will place buy orders below 961

world bank whislte blower reveals truth about US economy and politics, gold backwardation is mentioned

Last edited:
nope i did not.
it must be 60+ in future i can place this trade cost free. because i will sell the 961call for about 3 and use the 3 to buy the 840put.
to protect my risk on the naked call i will place buy orders below 961
world bank whislte blower reveals truth about US economy and politics, gold backwardation is mentioned

Ahh Russia Today, the world would be a duller place without it.
Still, she made me laugh.
I google'd her name and every conspiracy site under the sun has linked to her.

Ahh Russia Today, the world would be a duller place without it.
Still, she made me laugh.
I google'd her name and every conspiracy site under the sun has linked to her.

the dow is down 157pts and that is no conspiracy

Last edited:
Morning all.
FTSE was at 6307 overnight now 6351, so first order of the day STFF. You know it makes sense.

good morning everyone

Dow buy/sell 805/749

dow overnight lo 745,

looks like royal mail shares are at a 16% premium

hope everyone on this thread got their allocation

Last edited:
wonder if market has discounted yellen as new fed chief

wonder if royal mail listing will weaken markets

Looks like the Dax might actually crack today. Its been holding up well against the Dow and FTSE.

Hey SD - have you seen Oscar's rant today. He lost out on a $2m deal because of the US political infighting. He also quite tellingly says it took the FED $340B to get the market to where it is from May this year, so imagine what will happen when the money does actually stop.
It doesnt look good for the US long term.

Hey SD - have you seen Oscar's rant today. He lost out on a $2m deal because of the US political infighting. He also quite tellingly says it took the FED $340B to get the market to where it is from May this year, so imagine what will happen when the money does actually stop.
It doesn't look good for the US long term.

yep saw the rant brilliant as ever,

"It doesn't look good for the US long term" all i know is that below 15,294 the market is a short

from ft journalist Izabella Kaminska (bit wonkish)

http://dizzynomics.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/the-collateral-squeeze-should-no-longer-be-a-problem/

the dow has been above todays buy trigger (805) out of hours, ftse is able to bounce strongly 27pts or so. SPY also confirming dow strength