Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

thoughts from that chart posted
it si 30 min data
box size is 21 by 2 reversal
ie 42 points to change direction of the columns
close price is plotted only for that 30 min interval..gives a clearer picture
so...what do we see ??
uptrend that started on 25 june.the main trend is green..internal trendline is aqua
so..we have a spike up on the breakout at 6600 and a pullback down into the main area of support..which is basically a bwide consolidation.that horizontal support goes right down to 6530 area.then we get trend support that starts in 6500 area.
shorting at this point may well only be very short term until a reasonable top area forms

technically ftse looks ok ....we have some hidden divergence but you knever kno:)

biggest 8 ftse stocks are all lower, SP500 cannot stay above 1702, Vix has a 11 handle, feels like a tired bull going into 2nd week of august

yesterday sp500sept had 6.25pt range equiv to a ftse range of 25pts

would want to be long ftse if sp500sept is above 1702

SP500sept could not hold 1702, dow opens lower 87

ftse 6608 is way expensive relative to dow minus 87

yeah nice little bout of weakness from ftse after 5 hours of relative strength

Barjon, IBM is doing big damage to dow.it is a heavyweight in the price weighted index

that explains the 80pt discrepancy between ftse/dow

There is not much doubt, in my mind, that losses have to be kept as small as possible and, if possible, always break even rather than take a loss.

Today, being able to stay close to my computer. I have traded 5 times-

The results are, -10; +2; -5; +3; +36. Total +36

This can only be done by practising short stops. Mine are 10 points. but I manually get out sooner, if I do not like the trade All these trades were shorts, as I had the idea that FT would go lower, today.

I'm not good enough to get the timing right, so I have to do it this way,

There is not much doubt, in my mind, that losses have to be kept as small as possible and, if possible, always break even rather than take a loss.

Today, being able to stay close to my computer. I have traded 5 times-

The results are, -10; +2; -5; +3; +36. Total +36

This can only be done by practising short stops. Mine are 10 points. but I manually get out sooner, if I do not like the trade All these trades were shorts, as I had the idea that FT would go lower, today.

I'm not good enough to get the timing right, so I have to do it this way,

Split,
If you get 30+ points a day at £10 per point, not a bad days work?
Good luck.:)