Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dax does feel like it doesnt want to go up at mom, but gap from 82-87 on future, that will get filled today i think so reluctant to short, roll on 11 am so i can get a clearer picture zzzzzzzzzzz

Are you short yet?

Dow is going to get slaughtered at this rate

can anyone imagine dow dropping 210 pts today?

I can imagine it - in the same way I can imagine Emily Ratajkowski and me "getting to know each other better" but that doesn't mean its going to happen. :LOL:

better? implies you know each other :rolleyes:

anyone picking the bottom

emily-ratajkowski-fred-july-04.jpg

Well we've had a couple of drinks but I'm a gentleman and wouldn't say any more.

Funnily enough she stopped seeing me after I started picking my bottom so I don't do that anymore. :LOL:

Think US economy is doing ok, but whats the point in having fundemental views, it may be doing ok and growing but it wont stop the market dropping 500 points against you if your long only on your views !

go with the trend mate....dont matter what ones views are.....market wins....focus on that and you wont go wrong much or at least damage will be limited

it matters less whether one is right or wrong....matters much more what one does when one is right or wrong

dont worry about others getting slammed they are in the market by volition...worry about thyself and only that...because your behaviour is the only thing thou may be able control

Agree, i only trade charts these days its just alot easier when techs and fundies are going the same way

No respite from the Dow - but I don't see much more downside on the FTSE today (famous last words) I will try to pick up a 'bargain' at 6285.

the tapering issue, what price should the sp500 be if the us 10yr trades at 3.8% rather than 1.8% seems like a simple calculation, just enter a different discount rate and voila u have your answer, how come no one has done this? maybe they have and the answer and it is not very nice

the tapering issue, what price should the sp500 be if the us 10yr trades at 3.8% rather than 1.8% seems like a simple calculation, just enter a different discount rate and voila u have your answer, how come no one has done this? maybe they have and the answer and it is not very nice

You can go down the 'propellerhead' route - I worked as a code monkey with some of those guys at Standard Chartered and it made my brain hurt. But I think for us mere mortals Samirs has the right attitude.
"go with the trend mate....dont matter what ones views are.....market wins...."