Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

We all like charts (I'm guessing) so my reading of the US unemployment data says the estimate 345k is too high.
This would mean a bit of a relief rally at the open (supported by the downward channel we are in) up to 15,200 hence my slightly tongue in cheek 'anyone for a 150 point bounce' comment yesterday.
Then of course reality sets in and we go down.

On the other hand a black cat crossed my path today so we go up. You pays your money ...

Any other rune readers willing to share?

Yes - SB for me too.

Me the same trading on SB.
Offers good movement for daily swing trading with SB.

Keep thinking about trading it on DMA for 5 to 10 point movements.
Holding cost's are higher but turn around cost's cheaper.

We all like charts (I'm guessing) so my reading of the US unemployment data says the estimate 345k is too high.
This would mean a bit of a relief rally at the open (supported by the downward channel we are in) up to 15,200 hence my slightly tongue in cheek 'anyone for a 150 point bounce' comment yesterday.

On the other hand a black cat crossed my path today so we go up. You pays your money ...

think the whole tapering, normalisation of interest rates trumps softening economic data. if u get the 10yr us trading at 3.5% to 4% that is going to pressure equity markets, even with sp500 earnings at record levels

Going to call it quit's for the week today, may try the ASX on Friday if there is a trade.

Just not sure on market reaction for the NFP.

Good news = bad news - Bad news = good news

So rather wait to the after effect and start a fresh on Monday or take a hedge over the weekend @ DOW close.

Still think(my opinion) that the short side will offer more.

Going to call it quit's for the week today, may try the ASX on Friday if there is a trade.

Just not sure on market reaction for the NFP.

Good news = bad news - Bad news = good news

So rather wait to the after effect and start a fresh on Monday or take a hedge over the weekend @ DOW close.

Still think(my opinion) that the short side will offer more.

Ah the sensible trader - you'll out last us all. (y)

This is why I hate shorting the Dax - it's still grinding the Bears into sausage meat.

:rolleyes:

dax is crazy, can spike 60pts if it sees a white mouse. look at FTSE still +8 only moved about 3pts how well behaved, cant hurt anyone

chap on tv on cnbc said he would be looking to get into the dax long for a quick 200pt profit?

scalpers have reached the highest levels of the media

chap on tv on cnbc said he would be looking to get into the dax long for a quick 200pt profit?

You wrote cnbc - so I think you meant the 'lowest' levels of the media. :LOL:

Did he give a reason - or was he using the haruspicy charting pattern that I use.

Hey what a surprise Intertrader went down again - Just as the jobs numbers are due! Whod have thought it....