Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

(Reuters) - Britain may be as much as three quarters of the way through the process of working off the high debt levels which have weighed on the economy since the financial crisis, a top Bank of England policymaker said on Friday.

Paul Fisher, one of nine members of the bank's rate-setting committee, said growth would remain weak while Britain's households, public sector, banks and other companies sought to get themselves back to financial health.

"In my view we are maybe two thirds to three quarters of the way through in each case, varying both across and within sectors," Fisher said in notes for a speech.

UK may be three quarters of the way through debt purge - Fisher | Reuters

At least he's honest SD.
"There is nothing scientific or ‘official' in that assessment," he added. "It's just a personal best guess on the back of how the economy is behaving.

It's just his opinion :LOL:
Mind you they pay him lots of money so his opinion MUST be more valid than any of ours? :confused:

Just waiting for the FTSE to break its last support level of the day to confirm the direction. :whistling

At least he's honest SD.
"There is nothing scientific or ‘official' in that assessment," he added. "It's just a personal best guess on the back of how the economy is behaving.

It's just his opinion :LOL:
Mind you they pay him lots of money so his opinion MUST be more valid than any of ours? :confused:

hehe true,

we have a record of their views, also those views of the MPC. i go back and check what the mpc were saying at the height of the credit induced boom, maybe one man in 10 had any inkling that everything would collapse. I know which economists correctly diagnosed the problems with the US/UK economy and I read/follow their views.

http://investorhome.com/predicted.htm

Oh almighty Ben - how could I have doubted you would come.
I lay prostrate at your feet. Please forgive me for ever doubting you.:eek:

they are just rattling the market between various orders. must have been lots of sell stops at 15,200

think u used to be able to get free cbot order book for mini dow, u could see the orders

they are just rattling the market between various orders. must have been lots of sell stops at 15,200

think u used to be able to get free cbot order book for mini dow, u could see the orders

Well it's working - I'm suitably rattled.

hey suddy
here is what i have been lookin at
dow 5 min
note the double top when bernanke spoke last wednesday
we started a good downtrend.it recoiled at the 15200 support....but did not take out that downtrend
note the minor uptrend /green got taken out and gave us a good signal to enter short again
this is real rocket science....as if !!
trading mentors/coaches charge 5k for stuff like this....lol
2z8awp2.gif

Dentist - are you looking to go short if the price hits the red bear trend line at around 15290 ?

hey suddy
here is what i have been lookin at
dow 5 min
note the double top when bernanke spoke last wednesday
we started a good downtrend.it recoiled at the 15200 support....but did not take out that downtrend
note the minor uptrend /green got taken out and gave us a good signal to enter short again
this is real rocket science....as if !!
trading mentors/coaches charge 5k for stuff like this....lol

thanks dentist, your analysis has been excellent

do u rate a chap called du plessis ?

the book is the best
but..you need a decent p/f charting programme,otherwise it is no good
updata
i use bullseye....a bit of an old clunker compared to updata..but i am happy with it

Dentist - are you looking to go short if the price hits the red bear trend line at around 15290 ?
nope
not looking for anything
at the test of trendline.i am looking for trend continuation or reversal.i will have other areas where trend can get tested,usually nearby..but it is the reaction in that area that i am looking at