Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

people listen to cramer, he wants market lower

Sorry SD if you like this guy. I lost my love for him years ago.

His relentless shouting and 'being right' attitude gets on my wick. Also Eric Cartman done a bit on Southpark that made me hate him even more. I would rather get stock tips from Cartman than Cramer.

He brings up all the times he was right and harps on about them like he's some kind of guru but yet fails to mention the many, many times he gets it wrong, some of the times he gets wrong are just unforgivable. Even if its from a neutral standpoint, real traders have to sometime remain neutral or under the radar, he doesn't and sticks his neck out to get chopped off but yet is covered up by the media (CNBC in particular) like some kind of trick to boost ratings....no surprise there then.

Anyone reading this and thinking of following Jim Cramer....Type in to your search engines or you tube:

Jim Cramer gets it wrong

Enjoy the journey of truth

There's even the one where he dismisses the whole subprime thing like a cheap meal.

Then there was facebook, a great buy on IPO

Also, bear Stearns, leave your money where it is......lollolol, its just too much.

Just to name a very few out of his monstrous history.

If you total up what he's got wrong price wise against what he's got right you would question why he is still on t.v spouting his rubbish, seriously, a coin flip would grant better results. In short he's a has been many years ago. He also has his grubby little fingers in many pies so for that reason alone I would take what he say's with a pince of salt.

If you want stock picks get them from this guy:

WORD ON THE STREET!!!!! - YouTube

Jim, if you're reading this, get off the telly and go back to basics, stop pumping and ramping up prices and stop the obvious manipulation, you were questioned before for this.

Sorry SD if you like this guy. I lost my love for him years ago.

His relentless shouting and 'being right' attitude gets on my wick. Also Eric Cartman done a bit on Southpark that made me hate him even more. I would rather get stock tips from Cartman than Cramer.

He brings up all the times he was right and harps on about them like he's some kind of guru but yet fails to mention the many, many times he gets it wrong, some of the times he gets wrong are just unforgivable. Even if its from a neutral standpoint, real traders have to sometime remain neutral or under the radar, he doesn't and sticks his neck out to get chopped off but yet is covered up by the media (CNBC in particular) like some kind of trick to boost ratings....no surprise there then.

Anyone reading this and thinking of following Jim Cramer....Type in to your search engines or you tube:

Jim Cramer gets it wrong

Enjoy the journey of truth

There's even the one where he dismisses the whole subprime thing like a cheap meal.

Then there was facebook, a great buy on IPO

Also, bear Stearns, leave your money where it is......lollolol, its just too much.

Just to name a very few out of his monstrous history.

If you total up what he's got wrong price wise against what he's got right you would question why he is still on t.v spouting his rubbish, seriously, a coin flip would grant better results. In short he's a has been many years ago. He also has his grubby little fingers in many pies so for that reason alone I would take what he say's with a pince of salt.

If you want stock picks get them from this guy:

WORD ON THE STREET!!!!! - YouTube

Jim, if you're reading this, get off the telly and go back to basics, stop pumping and ramping up prices and stop the obvious manipulation, you were questioned before for this.

syvan raines smacks down all the cnbc "journalists" they never let him on air again

Check out this link.

Just to balance the argument a bit and so that we don't all go on a head hunt for Cramer. He is after all just a puppet for the mass media.

In short, switch off the talking heads, they only tell you what you want to hear and not the truth.

Jon Stewart And Jim Cramer Face Off! Great Watch - YouTube

Its only 3 minutes and paints a better picture than 3 years of watching the media networks.

I ignored these years ago, it really does help and refrains me from being more biased than I would previously have been. I only listen to find out what picture they paint to a specific scenario. ie, the markets have gone down so what can we find/dig up/create to suit the public: could it be:

A Terrorist attack
Economic depression
Bad data figures

We cant just say it fell off the cliff because the big boys decided it was time to sell and screw every guy on the street out of their pensions/holiday/college funds ect. Now that would be real bad for the markets as the only players left would be the big boys that want our money, and without the guy on the street, they don't earn anything.

The truth is, the markets go down because more sellers than buyers, the markets rise because there are more buyers than sellers. Who really cares about the story behind it and if we do know, what does it mean, what effect can it have etc, it's only good for pub talk and lets face it, most traders are technical based with no sense nor care of the fundamentals. It should be about the hear and now, trade what you see, not what you hear after the event.

All the best,

Lee

OK Ftse closed down 2% - dax closed down 2% so using Bernanke logic the Dow will close UP 2%. :LOL:

So the logic behind this is simple - The Dow was worth 15542 yesterday and then we had some good news on Jobs and Housing - so it MUST be worth more than 15542 today right ? :eek:

Welcome to the Communist Republic of Amerika where the government tells 'free markets' how they should behave.
"Don't panic, don't panic" - your future is in the hands of the 'Home guard'.
Sorry - I've been reading too much zerohedge.
Goodnight.

Morning All

ASX another big down day.

Japan and Kong were ticking up nice then Haruhiko Kuroda spoke.
And Japan done the 900 point drop.
So Asia leaving you plenty of bargain buys out there

certainly some weakness creeping in ...ftse even tested the old devil numbers yesterday at 6660...the vix providing another few tick turns it green but still only just imo...all indices are close to their springboards if mr bull shows up ...ftse 720/740 should start the charge 6783 looks a good upside targ:)

not discounting the downside tho

How was the webinar, got the e-book but never read it.

Done a webinar on market profile this week with a CME member.
Might read a bit more on it.

Unfortunately they had technical issues to so they have rescheduled it on 30 May.I like Mr Topstep (Riley and Haefke) a lot and I think Fisher is well respected so I will definitely try and catch the webinar.

I have a DVD course on market profile by James Dalton. I started watching it but think it will need a lot of time and effort to get anything out of it. Was the webinar any good?

If you believe that was a genuine rally on the Dow yesterday then there's 140 points on the FTSE going spare to get it back to Wednesdays levels.
So why is no one buying? 2% is not to be sniffed at!
So - FTSE up or Dow down today. - Sam, no need for you to answer that one :LOL:

Unfortunately they had technical issues to so they have rescheduled it on 30 May.I like Mr Topstep (Riley and Haefke) a lot and I think Fisher is well respected so I will definitely try and catch the webinar.

I have a DVD course on market profile by James Dalton. I started watching it but think it will need a lot of time and effort to get anything out of it. Was the webinar any good?

Was good but probably only scratched the surface.
Think it's a good way to find market buyers and sellers.
But you still need to make a decision to short or go long and mange that trade.
I like the concept and will learn more, but can't see it coming part of my trading.

good morning everyone

bustech will asx follow nikkie ?

got sp500 june buy pivot at 1661, we are way below

strong vix, keeps surging,

FTSE pivot, is 6757

market profile is awesome, larry levin uses it. bit hard to get the data they use price by volume

good morning everyone

bustech will asx follow nikkie ?

got sp500 june buy pivot at 1661, we are way below

strong vix, keeps surging,

FTSE pivot, is 6757

market profile is awesome, larry levin uses it. bit hard to get the data they use price by volume

Morning SD

ASX won't follow Japan.
Can move us around a bit on big day move's.
Always found Nikkei doe's the opposite to the rest of the world.
Plus very YEN driven.

Add
ASX was heading south while Japan and HK were up 1 to 2%
Big shift in funds dropping Aussie stock's - lot's of broker downgrades.
Mine services the biggest hit in last few day's.

Last edited:
Morning SD

ASX won't follow Japan.
Can move us around a bit on big day move's.
Always found Nikkei doe's the opposite to the rest of the world.
Plus very YEN driven.

Add
ASX was heading south while Japan and HK were up 1 to 2%
Big shift in funds dropping Aussie stock's - lot's of broker downgrades.
Mine services the biggest hit in last few day's.

i gave up on the nikkei ....couldn't understand it :(

i have never traded it ...when i say i gave up i was only using it to try and gain market strength/weakness along with other world indices

nice to get some retracement in equity, can now go back to using fibs on sp500 contract months, 1626 sp500june, is 38% (6611)

using hourly charts nikkie is very well behaved