Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

those who knew what tepper would be saying during his CNBC performance must have made a fortune buying weakness in europe/us

Dax testing fridays multi year highs

I wonder if Tepper is using this to get out of some longs ? Normal way to play it !

When will Mr Big appear ? August ?

I wonder if Tepper is using this to get out of some longs ? Normal way to play it !

When will Mr Big appear ? August ?

volume was up yesterday so maybe your right ...tepper the topper :)

don't know when mr big will appear that's the point of the small risk play ...maybe even ultra small risk would be best in this market

volume was up yesterday so maybe your right ...tepper the topper :)

don't know when mr big will appear that's the point of the small risk play ...maybe even ultra small risk would be best in this market

Dick the 6650 put which expires friday at 10:30am, costs 10pts, the vix is very low, to protect the downside the cost is peanuts, someone is willing to take the other side of that. if their were risks Vix would be high and hedging cost also high.

the close to spot put 6675 expiring friday 10:30 costs ........21 pts

Few people were looking for 1650/1655 on S&P before a 10% correction, thing is people have been looking for it for a long time, just doesnt seem possible at the moment !

Dick the 6650 put which expires friday at 10:30am, costs 10pts, the vix is very low, to protect the downside the cost is peanuts, someone is willing to take the other side of that. if their were risks Vix would be high and hedging cost also high.

i don't understand options sd ...i'm just a plain old ftse slogger:)

for a 10 tick downside with no limit on profits thats a great trade !

Cloudy means no trading ???

Agreed charts dont lie but after being long yesterday till about 2.45 ish i decided to short the dow, i dont care who thinks im wrong to be honest, im short at 14120,14150 and 14210 ! Im quite happy with it for now, but least i put my trades out there. that isnt a dig at you Sam just in general.

F**k me mate. I didn't know people could short anymore. I thought it was illegal or something.

If you want to make money consistently you have to go long and just keep buying the dips. These are called buying opportunities.

I just heard a rumor that the dow will hit 20k by year end. Next year its going to 50k. Some people will find this hard to believe but most (the smart ones) will profit hugely if they keep buying it up.

Going long the markets is the secret the market traders do not want us to know.

for a 10 tick downside with no limit on profits thats a great trade !

yes exactly, u could even sell a further out options to finance the hedge to bring down the cost even more. I look at the internals of the market and they are very strong, apart from yesterdays Tepper manipulation market keep rising without hiccup

vince stanzonie said the dow was destined for 20000 if you remember the video i posted... also omni oscar said something similar in one of sd's videos

i'm sticking to my sideways/year end prediction for now...

Given the relative performance you might say ftse has been dragged along somewhat reluctantly by the dow, although it has traded relatively strong the last week or so following huge relative weakness in March and early April.

The attachments may be of interest - but missing most of April while I was away. Slightly exaggerated since using 2:1 ratio.

Attachments

• ftsedow1.png
    ftsedow1.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 128
  • ftsedow2.png
    ftsedow2.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 125
F**k me mate. I didn't know people could short anymore. I thought it was illegal or something.

If you want to make money consistently you have to go long and just keep buying the dips. These are called buying opportunities.

I just heard a rumor that the dow will hit 20k by year end. Next year its going to 50k. Some people will find this hard to believe but most (the smart ones) will profit hugely if they keep buying it up.

Well im going to Marbella for a month so ill see where it is when i get back, ive been buying dips aswell as trying to sell some rallies , worked out ok actually, i love how people chuck these huge numbers around ! Are they the "smart" ones ? Bit like the smart guys going for apple $1000 yeah ?

BP shel petrol price fixing probe not doing much damage , BP unch and RDSA(ex divi) down 1.7%, small fine maybe

BoE governor King speaking now, should be a barrel of laughs

king "recovery in sight"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
LONDON, May 15 (Reuters) - The number of Britons claiming unemployment benefit fell much more than expected in April, official data showed on Wednesday, in the latest sign that the economy is starting to find its feet.
The Office for National Statistics said the number of people claiming jobless benefit dropped by 7,300 last month, compared with analysts' forecasts for a dip of 3,000 from March. The jobless rate - at 4.5 percent - hit the lowest since April 2011.
The figures were released an hour before the Bank of England publishes its quarterly Inflation Report and add to a recent run of better-than-expected data on the economy.

some good news just in time for todays prime ministers question time.

Last edited:

But in Feb 'they' were saying years.
Dow 20,000 Only a Matter of Time | Zero Hedge

In March - still saying 'years'.
As the Dow reaches a record, some see it going much higher - Los Angeles Times

Postman predicts "Dow 20,000 is just a matter of time", (and the end of our sun is just a matter of time as well).

As to 'Going long is the secret traders don't want us to know' - well 'they' keep ramming it down our throats every day so it's not much of a secret.

Today's direction is the important thing to people "Scalping the FTSE" (cash or futures).

On a more positive note I believe I am up 4 points on my long! :clap:

Does bad news matter anymore?

Gross domestic product for the euro zone contracted by a worse-than-expected 0.2% in the first quarter of 2013