Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

DC - when you say that the pattern completed from tuesday, I assume you are referring to 8pm on tuesday night when we got a high of 5490 on the ftse futures. We got a selling day on wednesday. Followed by a Z day that cash closed at lows, followed by a buy day today that was the shorts closing from tuesday night. End of pattern. Is that correct?

Where we go from here I don't know, but I thought the idea of LBR or Taylor is you get 2 and a half days of buying and 2 and a half days of selling. Personaly I would like to see it test the 1242 level before selling off, but it doesn't look like it is going to get there.

Hi Martin
what we should have had this week on FTSE is SS,S,B,S,SS what we got was SS,S,S,S,B the pattern being complete refers to a higher high than wednesday which should have come thursday but instead came friday

The FTSE was in perfect position this week to go for the lows but the DOW has not played ball the 11898 target was negated but its like those that are buying wernt happy with 11680s they want 11880s

this has had the effect of moving everything forward three days but has not altered low targets infact puts us right on tuesday for some down which somebody mentioned the 25th I think as a cyclic day

for me this week I will be selling Monday in the 5504 to 5520 area and holding for at least 5089 only a price above 5561 would alter my outlook

pattern for the FTSE this week

S,SS,S,B,S with lower highs and lower lows into friday

word of advice Martin.. your computers you use for trading should be completely seprate from your home PCs. In my set up I have three... one for execution.. one for charting ... and one for email.. internet stuff etc.. this means you can keep the first two really clean of any antivirus clutter because they do not get exposed to any other feeds other than what comes from your broker or your charting feeds. If my third gets infected then I can keeo trading

I found a simple way to prevent viruses is to go into windows msconfig and disable auto start programs in "startup", this means if u get a virus and restart the PC the virus cannot startup without some deliberate action from you.

Also there is a free/simple program called hijack this, it has a "spectacular" editors rating on cnet it can do a pc scan in about 5 seconds and produces a log which u can have analysed on many website to identify bad files.

Trend Micro HijackThis - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

pattern for the FTSE this week

S,SS,S,B,S with lower highs and lower lows into friday

I always thought of the FTSE100 as a secondary index, would it be better to analyse sp500 and then apply that analysis to FTSE100 ?

Hi Martin
what we should have had this week on FTSE is SS,S,B,S,SS what we got was SS,S,S,S,B the pattern being complete refers to a higher high than wednesday which should have come thursday but instead came friday

The FTSE was in perfect position this week to go for the lows but the DOW has not played ball the 11898 target was negated but its like those that are buying wernt happy with 11680s they want 11880s

this has had the effect of moving everything forward three days but has not altered low targets infact puts us right on tuesday for some down which somebody mentioned the 25th I think as a cyclic day

for me this week I will be selling Monday in the 5504 to 5520 area and holding for at least 5089 only a price above 5561 would alter my outlook

Intersting you say this DC.. I didnt trade in the afternoon yesterday.. but in the morning you could quite easily see the FTSE was been dragged kicking and screaming upwards by the DAX.. which had cleared its lows but in the process of pushing back up quite strongly it inevitably pulled up the FTSE... but you could sense from the resistance in the market that FTSE was going up reluctantly.. sounds like this also happened in the afternoon as the DOW pulled it up.

Hi everyone,please go and read THE END IS NEAR by Garret Jones it's on the home page of t2w.
It's fitting perfect to what he has wrote,I Quote buying from 16 october crashing on 26 october.
And low and behold when is the second EU Summit the 26 October. CREEPY

I like to do my own forcasts for the week and ringing in my ears is play what you see and at the moment i see the market rising.
But with a load of news exspected next week one can't be sure of anythink. If the bell curve is coming to a downward cycle i want to be on that gravy train ,as it could turn out nice again.

So for me i'm buying at 5452 stop 5360 first target 5636 second target 5728
as i'm still after the 5700 that dc2000 has mentioned at the start of the month,but need it to get there by tuesday night then go short at the 5700 range. brave or stupid ?

Mind you this could all change by monday morning as i find my figures work better just before the market opens so i might have to ajust them up or down a little.
should be a fun week,looking farward to it.

PS sorry about the spelling now you know why i don't write to often.

Hi everyone,please go and read THE END IS NEAR by Garret Jones it's on the home page of t2w.
It's fitting perfect to what he has wrote,I Quote buying from 16 october crashing on 26 october.

I like to do my own forcasts for the week and ringing in my ears is play what you see and at the moment i see the market rising.
But with a load of news exspected next week one can't be sure of anythink. If the bell curve is coming to a downward cycle i want to be on that gravy train ,as it could turn out nice again.

as i'm still after the 5700 that dc2000 has mentioned at the start of the month,but need it to get there by tuesday night then go short at the 5700 range. brave or stupid ?

Mind you this could all change by monday morning as i find my figures work better just before the market opens so i might have to ajust them up or down a little.

I read that a few days ago.. worth a read

Hi Martin

DC.. is 5089 a Tuesday or Friday target? you say lower lows going into Friday.. so is 5089 for Friday?

does this mean dow @12300 and S&P @ 1280....sounds good.....and Santa rally to take dow to 14000 :idea:

The S&P Forecasters have targets this week at 1260 ,1270 so yes why not.
I must say the little bits that are coming out of the EU meeting so far do not sound very good at the moment .
I,m thinking of waiting now and if the market does clumb up some more i'll be in a better position to short it rather than trying to pre guess as i feel i'm doing now.

lets wait and see what the market looks like in the morning.

Last edited:
If there was ever a clear resistance level it was 1242.75 on the ES. That's the 61.8% retracement level on the daily chart. Which is where the price bounced off at 7:25am. At the moment it has only moved 2 pts down from it, but once the PMI data is out of the way at 8:58am, I am expecting this to go further down.

How’s everyone doing this morning?

Gap up on the FTSE due to Asia extending gains on China’s Manufacturing data.
All the news i have read out of the EU has been poor.

I agree with you Martin, a move down after the PMI data has finished. Industrial Orders at 10am and then it’s a quite day for data.

I’m sure we will bounce about on the news. RANsquawk is not working for me this morning, anyone else having issues with it?

That last thrust up may mean we are not done yet. I still think we are going down but there is no point enforcing my will on the market it will do what it wants to.

Yes, Ransquawk is down for me, but thats because I am just a retail punter and they want us to pay for the service. Understanding really. They are relaunching their website today, so if there are any problems with the retail crowd they are not too worried. At £300 per month it is too expensive for me. Shame. I really appreciate even the delayed feed.

If this thrust up keeps going, I've got my eyes on 5540.5. That's the 161.8% extension from wednesday's high and thursday's low, but I would be surprised if it paid that much attention. More likely it will be the ES dictating things and a retest and bounce off 1242.75 is more likely.

reasonable target for DOW 11758 and FTSE 5457 but who said I wanted to be reasonable

non reasonable targets for today 5377 and 11504